Question to the forum: Kayak fishing in the Essex area.

Julian

Hi Codshead, thanks for that. I am based in Braintree and will try and get to meet up in the new year if you and your fellow fishermen don't mind some novice company. I should be out in Walton-on-Naze this Sunday (depending on weather and family commitments) for a general paddle with a friend who is a keen sea kayaker.

Hi Cracker, you'd be more than welcome, I'm no expert at the yakin bit, it's been my first season this year, and its been a good one, there's some great fishing to be had off the Essex coast, I used to shore fish a lot of the marks I fish now and now wish I'd got into yakkin earlier , I've had more bass in one 3 hour session than I've had for the entire time I've been shore fishing. Anybody got any suggestions on what I can do with a couple of beachcasters :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Can anybody help with this visitors question to the forum?

The Visitor has been directed to this thread so could any answers / help be posted below. Cheers, Julian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, I am new to Kayak fishing and trying to get info on Kayak fishing in the Essex area.

Could anyone that is involved please let me know how best to go about this or if there is a local club/group.

Many thanks

Cracker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

danno 1 Is the man to get in touch with <_<

Hi Cracker, you'd be more than welcome, I'm no expert at the yakin bit, it's been my first season this year, and its been a good one, there's some great fishing to be had off the Essex coast, I used to shore fish a lot of the marks I fish now and now wish I'd got into yakkin earlier , I've had more bass in one 3 hour session than I've had for the entire time I've been shore fishing. Anybody got any suggestions on what I can do with a couple of beachcasters :)

Cheers Codshead

I will be in touch in the new year as I will away for a while. If you have any plans on going out please let me know and I will try and meet up with you. Didnot get out this weekend, due to other committments, just as well because weather was terrible. Maybe Maldon on Sunday?

Cheers Codshead

I will be in touch in the new year as I will away for a while. If you have any plans on going out please let me know and I will try and meet up with you. Didnot get out this weekend, due to other committments, just as well because weather was terrible. Maybe Maldon on Sunday?

I'm hoping to get out Sunday, but I think the weather gonna limit me to the Blackwater, if you do get out are you fishing or paddling?

/

I'm hoping to get out Sunday, but I think the weather gonna limit me to the Blackwater, if you do get out are you fishing or paddling?

/

I was planning on a general paddle to explore a bit and would cast a line as well, to see what happens. It would be great to meet up, if you don't mind the worlds "unlucky-est" fisherman with you. Where do you launch from, what time would you launch, any idea of how long you would be out for? Excuse the presumption and all the questions. I have put together a "tester" anchor trolley that I can use to hook up to a bouy (as I haven't got an anchor yet, but I can arrange a loan one) and would like to give it a go.

I was planning on a general paddle to explore a bit and would cast a line as well, to see what happens. It would be great to meet up, if you don't mind the worlds "unlucky-est" fisherman with you. Where do you launch from, what time would you launch, any idea of how long you would be out for? Excuse the presumption and all the questions. I have put together a "tester" anchor trolley that I can use to hook up to a bouy (as I haven't got an anchor yet, but I can arrange a loan one) and would like to give it a go.

Sorry, I didn't mention that I was planning to get out early morning, weather permitting and condition of head. Will have to take it easy at the staff party.

Will probably launch from Bradwell , as this is a more productive mark , than Maldon, could try the Stone pub, but parking can be a problem there, of the top of my head HW I thinks around 11ish, so launch about 9 and fish till about 12.30, lug and squid the bait or mackeral if you like whiting, will confirm time later but it all depends on the weather and theres gales forecast but might nick it if we get out early.

Cracker,

strong southerly's forecast for tomorrow will limit us to the Bradwell side and to the west of the baffles, I havent bothered with fresh lug, I've bought some frozen black, so if its to rough to fish, we can have a play and not waste any bait, meet about 9am in Bradwell power station car park(the gravel one), I've texted Danno, and I dont think he's coming, so if you let me know if your coming or not, cos it takes two to get over the sea wall . If I havent heard from you by 8pm tonight, I'll assume your not coming, and we'll do it again another time.

Cracker,

strong southerly's forecast for tomorrow will limit us to the Bradwell side and to the west of the baffles, I havent bothered with fresh lug, I've bought some frozen black, so if its to rough to fish, we can have a play and not waste any bait, meet about 9am in Bradwell power station car park(the gravel one), I've texted Danno, and I dont think he's coming, so if you let me know if your coming or not, cos it takes two to get over the sea wall . If I havent heard from you by 8pm tonight, I'll assume your not coming, and we'll do it again another time.

Hi there, thanks for that. I have been sorting some tackle today and look forward to tomorrow. See you there.

Cheers.

Cracker,

Great. See you there.

Cracker