Question to the forum: Kayak fishing in the Essex area.

Julian

Cracker, I hope you see this before you leave , dont bother going , go back to bed, it's not pleasent out there, I can't pm you yet, yuo need to do more posts. I've had a power cut for half the night it came back on about 7ish

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. See you there.

Cracker

Codshead

Thanks for that, thought I would check forum just before going out the door. The weather looks terrible but I wasn't sure if you would be there and felt I should get over there and meet up.

I'm sorry I cann't get out and try some new bits and pieces. Will have to wait until the new year, as I am away for a few weeks from next weekend. We can catch up then. Enjoy the lay in.

Cracker

Cracker, I hope you see this before you leave , dont bother going , go back to bed, it's not pleasent out there, I can't pm you yet, yuo need to do more posts. I've had a power cut for half the night it came back on about 7ish

Not sure if my last message went through, but thanks for letting me know. I checked forum as I was leaving, really annoyed because yesterday was great . Take care, will stay in touch and hopefully get together in the new year.

It's always the same should have been there yesterday, glad you got the message ok.

Popped down there anyway, with the dog, there was a bit of west in it , the forecasts I read yesterday were saying direct southerly. Sea state beyond the baffles was a no go, but towards Sales point inside of the baffles was quite calm and easily fishable, just that horizontal rain would have made it "not nice", anyway get some more posts in then I can pm you . See you in the new year :)

It's always the same should have been there yesterday, glad you got the message ok.

Popped down there anyway, with the dog, there was a bit of west in it , the forecasts I read yesterday were saying direct southerly. Sea state beyond the baffles was a no go, but towards Sales point inside of the baffles was quite calm and easily fishable, just that horizontal rain would have made it "not nice", anyway get some more posts in then I can pm you . See you in the new year :)

Pity. But I got huge brownie points as I sacrificed a paddling trip and went on a cross country run with my wife. End up in water, mud and wind - much like paddling.

Thats what I ended up doing, this afternoon, knocking a few miles out.

Are there any inland watereways local to us that kayakers are allowed to fish on? I asked at Hanningfield and they only allow the hire of their small motor boats. I am trying get organised for next year, really keen on giving the yak fishing a good go.

Are there any inland watereways local to us that kayakers are allowed to fish on? I asked at Hanningfield and they only allow the hire of their small motor boats. I am trying get organised for next year, really keen on giving the yak fishing a good go.

Yes mate , there's the canal, launch at paper mill lock, Little Baddow(need relevent licence's) and the predator lake at lakeside shopping centre. In general I don't no much about freshwater fishing, but when do go I generally lure fish.

Just a thought , I bet some of the canals in Cambrigdeshire, would offer some good opportunities.

Yes mate , there's the canal, launch at paper mill lock, Little Baddow(need relevent licence's) and the predator lake at lakeside shopping centre. In general I don't no much about freshwater fishing, but when do go I generally lure fish.

Just a thought , I bet some of the canals in Cambrigdeshire, would offer some good opportunities.

Cheers for that, may be worth having a look in the future.

• 4 years later...
Hi Codshead, thanks for that. I am based in Braintree and will try and get to meet up in the new year if you and your fellow fishermen don't mind some novice company. I should be out in Walton-on-Naze this Sunday (depending on weather and family commitments) for a general paddle with a friend who is a keen sea kayaker.

hello

just reading some of the posts relating to kayak fishing, i am trying to organise something as my partners

christmas present.

Do you know of anyone that hires out their kayaks for the day. I guess a kind of guided day out.

We live in Essex but i know he would be willing to travel and obviously i'll pay for the occasion!

Thank you