Removal of worms, crabs and Small fish for bait to be banned?

They really have got some brass neck. They haul fish up bursting their swim bladders, gut them ALIVE, and claim that anglers are cruel. It's just got to be a joke surely. Who in their right mind would take notice of such tripe? We all know that angling is cruel, so is netting and gutting fish alive cruel. It's something we accept, like killing animals for food. It's a cruel world, man is cruel, has been since the dawn of time.

I don't think such a proposal deserves a reply from the angling community.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he's bigger than me!

Hmmm! I think I'll take your advice as given above and keep out of it (as an angler, I have a personal interest in the matter and therefore perhaps I shouldn't take part in any debate or vote on the issue).

In any case I mostly fish lures! :)

:yeah::yeah:

That is unless 1.2 million vote for you do so.

Not sure who is going to organise the vote though. The angling organisations are far to busy trying to stitch up Whitby anglers to get involved in such a mundane matter.

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

I don't think such a proposal deserves a reply from the angling community.

If there is no one opposing it, it is likely to go through!

Getting it repealed later, when the full effects start to bite, will be a lot harder, a lot more costly, and with far less chance of succeeding.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

And he's bigger than me!

Hmmm! I think I'll take your advice as given above and keep out of it (as an angler, I have a personal interest in the matter and therefore perhaps I shouldn't take part in any debate or vote on the issue).

In any case I mostly fish lures! :)

Surely you are on the committee to voice anglers concerns at stupid proposals like this and you should vote against it.

The man is obviously of his rocker and a right fruit cake, if i was him I would be worried about someone turning up with a straight jacket.

I would also think you would have 99.9% support from local anglers, many cannot afford to go and buy bait.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Ian,

Your silly comments do little to patch up a rift which is fast growing between anglers and reps. I see what is happening here with the fishing reps. Communicating by pm then posting and supporting each other to prove your incredible worth to us lesser mortals is a tad transparent. If I agree with your policies I will let you know I like all other anglers have the right to disagree with you and other reps and make that publically known too, whilst you continue with this line of sillyness I dont see relations improving. I thought you were a little more diplomatic than that. Lets hope you dont try the same line with your next meetings with the scottish Mps .

Guest challenge
:yeah::yeah:

That is unless 1.2 million vote for you do so.

Not sure who is going to organise the vote though. The angling organisations are far to busy trying to stitch up Whitby anglers to get involved in such a mundane matter.

You can attack and attack an industry on a daily basis as much as you like, but what you have got to remember is that one day they might start to hit back.

I don’t condone what this commercial fisherman is saying, but I am not surprised.

Unfortunately again it’s the everyday angler who will suffer because of unelected representative’s conflict of interests.

Regards.

The man is obviously of his rocker and a right fruit cake, if i was him I would be worried about someone turning up with a straight jacket.

Actually he is a well respected member of the committee, in fact past vice-chairman, and well respected within the fishing community of his area.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

If there is no one opposing it, it is likely to go through!

Getting it repealed later, when the full effects start to bite, will be a lot harder, a lot more costly, and with far less chance of succeeding.

The point is Leon the minute you get involved, there are those who on here who will call you from a pig to a dog for sticking your nose in, if you'd not bothered being a member of the SFC in the first place there wouldn't be a problem. Its only the fact that you pushed your nose in, that up set the fishermen in the first place, they should be left to do what they do best i.e. catch fish to feed the nation.

The minute you 'attack' them by sitting down at a table to open dialogue and getting involved in fisheries management then that is when the problems occur. After all we should learn to know our place and crawl back under the rock from hence we came.

If its thrown out some anglers will question your motives, impartiality, impacts to the commercial sector etc., if its carried they simply call for your head, the devil you do the devil you don't.

Anglers are predictably unpredictable, last year Glenn K was asking everyone to support his cod petition, and many many anglers from across the UK did, even those who rarely if ever caught or targeted cod. This week Glenns response is to tell anglers (many of whom supported his cod petition) to go and take a running jump if they wanted his support on Tope or Bass proposals, purely and simply on the basis of a couple of peoples interpretation of a DEFRA summation.

Unfortunately some anglers can't see beyond the end of their nose whether its the rose tinted glasses or the spite that is blocking their view I don't know, but we (RSA) are still in a situation whereby angling factions (be it BASS or Whitby or the Tope anglers) struggle to get broadscale support, there are too many detractors who sit on the fence sniping without anything concrete to add.

As stated on many occasions its easy to post a few lines of condemnation on a sea angling forum, its much more difficult to put a cohesive argument forward, have the conviction to pursue it and take it to the relevent authorities, or alternatively put forward an argument against a particular proposal. Nowadays simply saying the anglers won't like it is sadly not enough, a thorough sound argument has to be applied not an emotive statement.

Edited by The doctor

A call for not using fish, that are under MLS, for bait, seems a logical reaction to anglers stirring up commercial fishermen and trying to cut their income!

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net