Winter Carping

Yeomans

Im a newby to winter carping, any basics that i can stick by? any help on locating the fish would be much appriciated as evverytime i go and have a look round, there is no signs whatsoever, well none that i can see!

Cheers Dan

Unfortunately that is one of the big problems in winter. Walk around the lake as often as you can and look in areas of snags and dying weedbeds and pretty much anywhere you can see into the water. If you fish, keep your eyes peeled and note down any signs of fish activity that you see. Apart from that there's not a lot else I can suggest, just keep at it and be patient.

Rob.

• 1 month later...

I went carp fishing in Windsor last weekend for carp. Its a easy lake to fish, as you are all ways guarented a carp if ya use that correct tatics. had 5 out lost 4. All fell to Tootie fruity bollies.

Stay away from fruit baits and dont hand out much use spicey baits my fav is Monster crab, and another good one is Squid and octopus

happy fishing

><)))*>

Most of the carp iv'e caught in winter have fallen to good old pineapple pop ups.... :blink:

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

Most of the carp iv'e caught in winter have fallen to good old pineapple pop ups.... :blink:

Paul.

Yep I would agree. The general concensus is to stear clear of fishmeals in winter, especially oily type ones, and switch to fruity baits.

Rob.

i fish all the year round. have just started carp fishing in september this year. I use 3 rods one has bread (method) and the other 16mm 20m halibut pellets. method. use dog food (sausage meat) as ground bait. and pieces of bread dipped in condensed milk, hooks stay a size 10 kamasan. do not use any other ground bait. just whats on the method weight/cage. no pre baiting.. hairs are nylon i make myself.. bread is used as a paste. about half the size of a golf ball. our particular lake is only 50ft wide ( its a club lake and little fished) so yu cast to the other side of lake under trees. trees seem to hold the fish. even in the winter. while its mild. commercial lakes are always the best bet in the winter.. but does not guarntee a fish..