MFA Mini headlight

glennk

My neighbour brought his new headlight around last night. A new MFA, i'm not sure of the model, Tiny little thing it was with 1 tiny bulb but it didnt half throw out some light for something so small. It had a little button on that gave you 3 light levels. Does anyone here have one of these and what are your thoughts on them ?

7th one down on this page :

https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/Lamps.html

:):)

Edited by glennk

My neighbour brought his new headlight around last night. A new MFA, i'm not sure of the model, Tiny little thing it was with 1 tiny bulb but it didnt half throw out some light for something so small. It had a little button on that gave you 3 light levels. Does anyone here have one of these and what are your thoughts on them ?

7th one down on this page :

https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/Lamps.html

:):)

:clap2: Loads of LED and Halogen/LED combo lights about now. If I was buying one I'd look at paying £15 tops. Can't see the point of paying all that money when you can buy so much cheaper. If it lasts a year it's paid for itself, if it lasts longer it's a bonus. I've got a LED/Halogen lamp from Marsh Tackle that I use as a backup to my Samalite or for off the cuff trips. I've had it about 5 years and it's still using the original batteries that came with it. No need for a charger if they last that long. :clap2:

Hi Norm,

We turned all the lights out and tested the new mfa against my old one which has 3 led's his single bulb was far brighter in fact I would say on main beam it was comparable to my halogen if not better. A little expensive for the headset at 40 quid though. :):)

We've got a new discount store in Weymouth called Value House.

In the tool section there are some LED headlamps for £5.78. 2 settings, either 4 or 8 LEDs

4 AA batteries, 12 for 99p at 99Pence shop! Last for ages!

Most fairs have LED headlamps for a fiver nowadays. I've only had one let me down, it ate batteries for some reason.

I don't need a searchlight on my head!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Have a look at the MFA Clip on, they are small, and reasonably bright. I use mine for clipping on the tripod and lighting up my rod tip, but they do come with a headband, so double up as a headlamp. My boy has one as well, they last a long time on the batteries.

Bob

For your Info I use a Shakespeare recharghable Halogen/normal bulb headlamp as my main one.

Hi Norm,

We turned all the lights out and tested the new mfa against my old one which has 3 led's his single bulb was far brighter in fact I would say on main beam it was comparable to my halogen if not better. A little expensive for the headset at 40 quid though. :):)

:clap2: Hi Glenn, I'm not saying it's no good, what I'm saying is, is it worth so much more than a £10/15 one. Is it 4 times better and do you need a light 4 times better at 4 times the money. I've seen some great lights at great prices but at the end of the day, what do you need to do your fishing, only you know. :clap2:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Nov 12 2006, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: Hi Glenn, I'm not saying it's no good, what I'm saying is, is it worth so much more than a £10/15 one. Is it 4 times better and do you need a light 4 times better at 4 times the money. I've seen some great lights at great prices but at the end of the day, what do you need to do your fishing, only you know. :clap2:

I got one it as 3 settings for light...7 bulbs in it...press once 1 bulb is on..press again 3 bulbs on and again all 7 are on...2.99 I think I paid,it's been working ok and no probs..sat here now with it on my head(torch head).

Hi Glenn

my girlfriend bought me one last Christmas, to be honest I had every intention of sending it back for a smaller lamp to replace my worn out Tikka but ended up keeping it in the end.

Glad I did, superb little lamp and like you say seriously bright on full power, bearing in mind its only a single led. Battery life is excellent and it has a handy power indicator in the form of Green, amber, red lights on the top. Keep the button depressed for a few seconds and it flashes in case your in the **** and want to attract some attention. Comes with a proper charger for those small battery packs which tells you when it's done without cooking it.

As for the price, well I've had mine a year and it's no different now so see no reason why it'll get much cheaper.

On the minus side.

Switching on takes you straight onto full power, personally I'd prefer if it went from dim to bright. It's a fixed spotlight lens, great for finding that path you used to get down the cliff but not so great for baiting up when there's fish going off all around the boat. I easily solved this problem by cutting a disc from an ice cream tub and slipping it behing the glass before a night after the Bass, also acts as a great diffuser for pulling wary lobs from the lawn.

:)