Out From the Frame Photos

Steve Randles

The shape of the frame is limited only by your imagination! In photoshop there is a small triangle next to the selection tool, click that and you should be able to select the oval selection tool. Use that to click drag an oval on your photo. You can then use edit/stroke for your inset line.

Steve...:)

BTW Den, that Swan is spot on mate. Well done..:)

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good tutorial Steve, although mine was done with layers and a bit of pen work to achieve the same result, as CS2 is on my laptop and I'm bored at work 'babysitting' some machinery and my PC here only has elements on and tried it another way.

Will definitely give it a go with CS2 as you describe though :)

ousehappycopy.jpg

Promise this is the last...thanks for reply re oval shape Steve,

Bluebarney.jpg

Guess what the family are getting from T he Dog :)

Den.

Steve, got any more good ideas ?

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• 1 month later...

In your layers pallette (bottom right) you'll see all the different layers you have created. 1 will have the inset line on it and another will have the parts of the photograph that you pasted back into the picture.

Simply click and hold on the inset line layer and drag it below the pasted layer...play with this and it should work for you.

Give me a shout if it does not..and also save your file that your working on as a .psd file so if its necessary you could email it to me to look at.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• 1 month later...

finally sussed it steve i think although no pen tool on elements 5 so copied background photo and with just frame highlighted, reduced opacity, zoomed way in and after several attempts at brushing black and eraser finally managed this

bobframe.jpg

comments please

Edited by tack4

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics