pet insurance

s_mac

Im looking for a good company to insure our cat, there are so many out there, but has any on used one, and could recommend one.

Our cat princess means the world to my wife, and heavens forbid, if something should happen, i would like things to go smoothly for her.

our vet mentioned one, but then like alot of things, you dont know if there is some commision based thing involved, and whether they are really good or not.

so i thought the best people to ask would be you guys, if you have been unfortunate to have had to use one.

regards

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

We're with Petplan. We've had to make three claims, once when one of our female cats needed a growth removed from her bum and twice with a blocked bladder in our tom. Each time they've paid up promptly with no quibbles.

We're with Petplan. We've had to make three claims, once when one of our female cats needed a growth removed from her bum and twice with a blocked bladder in our tom. Each time they've paid up promptly with no quibbles.

Thats the one i have been recommended by the vet, it sounds good. an £80.00 excess, which is not to bad.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

We're with Petplan too but have had problems with them before. Our first dog had a brief course of treatment for Canker, easily cured with antibiotics. Some YEARS later he developed an inner ear infection. Petplan associated the two and refused to pay out. A letter from the vets sorted it.

Paul

PETPLAN!! No hesitation at all!! We had our Yorkie into the Vets college at Cambridge twice for her hips after the local Vet(Butcher) had a go and very nearly crippled her!! The cost was around £5000 alltogether and they paid and even sent the dog a card!!! Cannot fault them.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

We are with Direct Line. No problems in them paying up. The only thing is that you have to pay the bill first and then they reimburse you. That aside it has always been a first class no quibble service every time with the cheque arriving a week or so after the claim went in.

Given the price of vets nowadays insurance is definitely worth having. One operation alone on our dog cost nearly two thousand pounds, so ten quid a month is fairly cheap.

I use Tescos - don't think you can get any cheaper. I think there is an excess fee of £50. Hope that helps

Ali

We're with Tescos, too, but have never had to claim, so I don't know what they're like.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

We insured two kittens with Sainsbury's. I found this comparison site and they were second. When I read the details, they were in fact better for us.

When we had our 2 german shepherds we used pet plan. Seemed to be O/K.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"