Re: Llangorse Trip

nifty

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought. What do you guys use for an anchor in llangorse. Will an engineering brick do?

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Nifty rung me from Llangorse this morning---getting in some practice! ;)

I'll be codding tonight--got 1lb of welsh lug and my mate at the tackle shop just told me that they caught an 11lber at a mark me and Phooey have fished a couple of times just recently :clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Had a bit of practice today and I only hope the weather is kinder to us next week.

I think the wind came from every direction at some point and with the first snow of the winter ontop of the hills it was a bit chilly when the squally showers came over. :cold:

I took a picture of it when I first got out and at different times during the day as the weather changed.

Will it, won't it ? first thing this morning.

Image012-1.jpg

That's better. Half an hour later :sun:

Image018-1.jpg

Here it comes :o

Image020.jpg

End result, getting hurled towards the shore whilst trying to do a nice slow troll :wallbash:

Image023.jpg

As to the fishing, well the day couldn't have started much better. I baited up with a Sardine and when the finder showed 20ft, dropped it over and tied on my stopknot. It must have landed straight on his head, cos immediately it went away and this nice 7-8lber (guesstimate) popped up after a dour battle.

Image014-1.jpg

Image015-2.jpg

First fish after 30 seconds on my new shimano baitrunner, "Yes, a lucky reel" I thought can't be bad. :thumbs:

Six hours later, frozen and wind beaten I had number two, a 3lber'ish, on the Sardine again :)

Image025.jpg

And that was it.

Just keep your fingers crossed for better weather next weekend. It was that bad, I had the lake to myself for most of the day. Two chaps in a boat did have a go for an hour later on but didn't stay long.

Stuart.

I hope I catch a beauty like that Stu---nice fish!! :clap: roll on Friday!!!!!!! :clap2::clap2:

Nifty rung me from Llangorse this morning---getting in some practice! ;)

I'll be codding tonight--got 1lb of welsh lug and my mate at the tackle shop just told me that they caught an 11lber at a mark me and Phooey have fished a couple of times just recently :clap2:

I'll be down the Tackle shop tomorrow to say thankyou!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2::clap2:

bd4.jpg

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

First fish after 30 seconds on my new shimano baitrunner, "Yes, a lucky reel" I thought can't be bad. :thumbs:

Stuart.

Stu all Shimanos are lucky reels___I love em!!!1

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Stu all Shimanos are lucky reels___I love em!!!1

I am hoping my new okuma reel will be lucky too!

how big was the codling?

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

I am hoping my new okuma reel will be lucky too!

how big was the codling?

6 1/4lb Stu :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5