canned casters and maggots

badboybubbie

It has come to my attention that bait manufacturers have missed a good thing.you can get your boilies,sweetcorn and hemp tinned and flavoured so what about canned maggots and casters.you could have floating casters and sinkers in different tins dead maggots of differing flavours and colours.the shelf life of these maggots and casters could be for years.so when you want to go fishing you dont have to rely on bait shops.me myself would buy such an item and have assorted tins of bait in my bag of tackle.there has always been times i have wanted to go fishing and have went for maggots casters and there have been none (usually the summer months).so what about it would you peeps as fisherman use such a product,how much would you be prepared to pay for such an item and what do u think in general of the idea.

cheers an tightlines the bubster. :)

Janet

Please don't tell us he cooked frozen maggots.

:yucky::yucky::yucky:

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Janet

Please don't tell us he cooked frozen maggots.

:yucky::yucky::yucky:

Tony

At least he cooked them, would have been worse raw :):P

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

In a age of 'convenience shopping' you are probably onto something there bobster! The amount of insane baits you can buy in jars, vacuum - packed, canned, preserved with 'special amino acids', glugged with this and that, frozen, semi-frozen, etc etc - this is just a natural extension and there must be a gap in the market for your idea!!

I once saw a 'maggot - vending machine' in a car park by the River Trent one day (wish I had taken a photo of it now). I wasn't fishing but was lost on my way to a business meeting. It looked just like a soft-drink vending machine - except there was a picture of a giant maggot on the front of it!! You picked what colour of maggots you wanted, put your money in and out would pop a pint of maggots!! I wish I could remember where it was now.... who knows, maybe in 30 years time these machines will be the norm?!!

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

I once saw a 'maggot - vending machine' in a car park by the River Trent one day (wish I had taken a photo of it now). I wasn't fishing but was lost on my way to a business meeting. It looked just like a soft-drink vending machine - except there was a picture of a giant maggot on the front of it!! You picked what colour of maggots you wanted, put your money in and out would pop a pint of maggots!! I wish I could remember where it was now.... who knows, maybe in 30 years time these machines will be the norm?!!

I believe there's one of those machines at Dobbs Weir, Hoddesdon, opposite the Fish 'n' Eels pub. Not a bad idea.

Last year on the seafront in Mojacar in Spain there was a worm vending machine :)

You paid your money and had the choice of 5 different types of worms

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

It has come to my attention that bait manufacturers have missed a good thing.you can get your boilies,sweetcorn and hemp tinned and flavoured so what about canned maggots and casters.you could have floating casters and sinkers in different tins dead maggots of differing flavours and colours.the shelf life of these maggots and casters could be for years.so when you want to go fishing you dont have to rely on bait shops.me myself would buy such an item and have assorted tins of bait in my bag of tackle.there has always been times i have wanted to go fishing and have went for maggots casters and there have been none (usually the summer months).so what about it would you peeps as fisherman use such a product,how much would you be prepared to pay for such an item and what do u think in general of the idea.

cheers an tightlines the bubster. :)

Well Bubster peeps dont believe this has ever been done, and I can see why. The idea of using dead lifeless maggotts on the hook does not appeal. The very fact that I am even replying to this makes me feel somewhat as though as I have been 'had'...hope not I see its your first post so time will tell.

Oh if you think its a good idea why not apply to the next series of Dragons Den see what the Dragons think?

Good luck and cheerio

The Thumper :)