How do they do it?

Huge_Vitae

Just been out with the Wife to a Local Pub, rare treat for us but they were advertising two, two course meals for a tenner.

Went in and got a table, nice selection but decided on Duck & Orange Pate with toast and Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding and Veg.

Ordered a Pint of Guinness and a Small white wine,(I wish I could stop the wife drinking pints of Guinness :blink: )

The Pate was very nice, quite a large serving with (warm) toast and a side salad of fresh lettuce, cucumber, Orange Pepper etc etc......

Nice bit of Roast and more veg than we could eat.

Finished up and went to pay, like I said good grub for £5 each but the bill was £15.97.

£5.97 for a pint and a glass of wine, not complaining but a bit of a shock, Don't go to pubs that often. My question is this, How the bl@@dy hell can people, not working sit in a pub all day on a Friday and Saturday drinking at those prices? :wallbash:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

thats why i rarely go down the pub anymore, dont like most of the beers they sell, so i usually have a few tins at home & sometimes go down for a nightcap. large captn morgans & coke - £4.50. you can get a bottle for around £9 from the supermarket.

used to be a bloke in merriott who was on the dole & was always in the pub, he used to say "theres no work in these parts" pointing as far as the pub door.

I new some one not done a days work in his life

but in the pub every day twice

in at dinner pizzed up by 4pm then home for a kip and back for 7pm till closing time

and his wife is with him at weekends

then theres the holidays abroad 2 weeks twice a year :angry:

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Hi all

im a tetotal as my health wont let me drink beer(might aswell take the beer in the bog):)

spirits are better and less is more:)

what supprises me is the fact you can go into a pub and spend £2-4 on a pint and if youre unlucky enough to have a mate with you then its practicly a tenner per round(this is without food)then youve got a game of pool and add that up and it makes you realise how the heck can students and spongers pay for this kind of luxury:)

and add more mates and more rounds and your looking at a nasty headache the next time you look at your account:)

couple of tinnys at home the boaring way for me(if it wernt a waste of time that is:)

besides i dont have mates to speak of so im even better off:):):)

i like life quite me!

then youve got the two veg and some sauce tripe dressed up as top cookery

funny cos when i went into a local pub and i was told i couldnt bring the kids in without ordering a meal and strangly a plate of chips each wasnt enough so i left bewilder`d and annoyd

steve

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Just been out with the Wife to a Local Pub, rare treat for us but they were advertising two, two course meals for a tenner.

Went in and got a table, nice selection but decided on Duck & Orange Pate with toast and Roast Beef, Yorkshire Pudding and Veg.

Ordered a Pint of Guinness and a Small white wine,(I wish I could stop the wife drinking pints of Guinness :blink: )

The Pate was very nice, quite a large serving with (warm) toast and a side salad of fresh lettuce, cucumber, Orange Pepper etc etc......

Nice bit of Roast and more veg than we could eat.

Finished up and went to pay, like I said good grub for £5 each but the bill was £15.97.

£5.97 for a pint and a glass of wine, not complaining but a bit of a shock, Don't go to pubs that often. My question is this, How the bl@@dy hell can people, not working sit in a pub all day on a Friday and Saturday drinking at those prices? :wallbash:

Go to whetherspoons mate, they do meals for the fiver mark, and they include a drink..your right what you say about the price of a beer....i bought a drink in wetherspoons cost me £1.45, crossed the road and the same drink cost me £2.80.

sean

Edited by s_mac

woman want me, fish fear me

I agree!! It's a bloomin disgrace! I myself drink red wine in the main now as it has apparently got health benefits!! Well that and the fact i can usually buy a VERY nice bottle for around 80p a bottle!! Well ok if it is a REALLY nice bottle I may got to 85 or even 90p!!! And by nice I mean SERIOUSLY NICE!! Like a bottle of single chateau!! one euro and 9 cents!!! Excvhnage rate was 1.53 to the pound!!

And IF I wanted to drink 8.4% lager that is I think 68cents a tin (440Ml) I am going to HATE living in France!!!

PS I travel from Pompey up the M3 , M25, M1, M62 so if you wanted something......... :rolleyes:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

PS I travel from Pompey up the M3 , M25, M1, M62 so if you wanted something......... :rolleyes:

if your offering :yeah: board & lodgings for free in france am easily catered for :):thumbs:

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.