Thanks from Charles Rangeley-W? Accidental Angler TV

accidental

I said in my last post i was expecting at least a 50/50 mix of fishing and travel for this type of programme and that's certainly what we got.....Well done! :clap: This one was easily the best upto now even though i'm not all that bothered about fly or lure fishing, i think that there was a good mix of everything in this one and i hope next weeks is even better.

Charles you have a good eye for the ladies mate :lol::thumbs:

I think it was only a series of three.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Charles, a great programme.

i enjoyed the series so far, and not having Sky, or any other digi service... your programmes are a "god send" for me :D

i like the looking into different cultures/traditions, as well as the fishing.

keep up the good work, and i'll look forward to the next show(s).

:)

IPB Image

Yeagh the bird cooking the bass was a babe! :blink:

You think she's a babe Budgie?! :o:yucky: fair enough if that's what your into but i'll go for the babe Charles was dancing with instead :thumbs:

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

You think she's a babe Budgie?! :o:yucky: fair enough if that's what your into but i'll go for the babe Charles was dancing with instead :thumbs:

When you get to my age carpstar you cant be too fussy! :rolleyes: Anyway the dolly he was dancing with looked a bit "high maintainence " to me! :)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

When you get to my age carpstar you cant be too fussy! :rolleyes:Anyway the dolly he was dancing with looked a bit "high maintainence " to me! :)

Fun though!!! :D

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

Think it's a series of four.

The book's an engaging read as well, best fishing book I've read in ages.

The search for the trout in London is (I think) next week's programme.

Whoops, yes it is four.

That means we've had all the programs with the friendly natives, though :).

Guest franticfisherman2

just found this thread and read all 4 pages with interest. A bit more fishing content would have been nice but in this day and age Auntie Beeb needs to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. Even some of John Wilson's programmes were a bit heavy on the "Scenic Interlude"

The main thing that I haven't liked is the BBC's attitude to video editing. It's as if they want to give us all a migraine or bring on a siezure - some of the editing techniques are horrendous.

The easiest effect to do and by far the most irritating is the speeded-up clip. Fine if you want to show the tide coming up or some flowers following the sun, but it gets used at the drop of a hat and at the daftest moments. I feel sorry for the poor camera man who's probably spent a great deal of thought and time setting up a shot only to have it ruined by a bright young man (bym) in his all singing, all dancing editing suite!

As mentioned earlier on this thread - some of the scenes are so short they are virtually subliminal and do nothing to enhance the normally serene angling situation. The bym has been told "Look, this is just a boring fishing programme - use some fancy fx and jazz it up a bit" Well, it doesn't work for me!

The episode on peacock bass had some poor editing just as Charles started getting a few takes, there was a bent rod then a missed take - it all got a bit jumbled up I thought. It obviously wasn't an angler doing that bit! (Crikey Charles, I hope I'm right about that! :) )

Anyway, I feel better now and I'm looking forward to the next episode :)

Just wanted to add my two pennith...

Charles,

What a wonderful episode, so enjoyable to see those trout back there again. I think you have me hooked on the art of fly fishing would love to learn to fish the old fashioned way... it doesn't look the same as bivvying up and waiting for those buzzers!! lol!

it was nice to see the carp down at coppermill stream, and all the searching around my home county. The new river and wathamstow resovoir.

hope it will be a lesson to all those flytippers! keep this country tidy and br proud to live here!

will be asking for a fly rod and centrepin this xmas. :-)

keep up the good work and tight lines

Andrew Ward