Thanks from Charles Rangeley-W? Accidental Angler TV

accidental

My Favourite bit in all of the programmes is the way Charles as interacted with all of the people he has come across in his travels.

His appearance as the Pied Piper of Wandsworth with the kids on the Wandle was brilliant.

Well done Charles for a really excellent piece of programming.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was a little disapointed that you failed to find trout in london rather than near london (it went quickly from london to inside? the M25) but a river going towards london i suppose ,mind you the Wey goes to "london" (eventually)

and has trout in abundance including brownies as do most in their upper reaches.

i was also surprised you didn't visit the new boroughs south of the river as there are some small vestiges of rivers there (or at least there was when i was a kid) but i expect you only had a 7 day bus pass :D

its surprising to what can exist in those overground sewers ,life goes on right under your nose and most walk bye it without noticing :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I liked the emotional bit at the end when he finally caught one. overall i have been impressed wtih the series although have to agree about the editing (although the discovery ones are often awful too.). So nice for angling to be shown on mainstream telly and in such a positive manner. Lets hope the viewing figures are good and it gets recommisioned.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Yes I like the way Charles interacts with the people he meets as well.Lets hope some of the kids who both watched him on the day or the programme are tempted to try and catch some dace or chub!

I thought the "carp angler" with his can of beer just about summed up what I hope the kids dont get into.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Excellent yet again. Its amazing what you don't realise is right next to you. Chub and Carp in the centre of London, who'd have guessed.

Hoping for a new series very soon

Regards

Ferg

Funny how quite large brownies on the Test do little for me when I'm targeting grayling, but the odd small brownie from a tiny rubbish filled river running through Maidstone makes my day.

Last night's episode had me on the edge of my seat, the fishing was so familiar. (also because as a kid I poached the Coppermill stream, through the railings of a bridge leading down to the Lea).

I was also surprised at the fishlife in the Lea at Stratford, when visiting the cycle track at Eastway. Saw a shoal of impressive looking bream and the odd chub.

A new series just HAS to include catching UK mullet on the fly, there can be no greater challenge for the kind of angler I believe Charles Rangeley to be!

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon looking for a starring role ;):D

makes me smile people jetting off to the far corners of the world looking for the unusual or difficult when poor old britain has hardly been seen by most of them and contains just as much hard to find stuff (alive and dead) to see ,why go to arizona too look for dyno's when you have more chance to find them here ,why go to foreign climes to find rare animals when there are far rarer rare breeds here .

not so sunny i'l agree but nowadays going abroad to sample the natives language and eating customs can be heard and seen in most small towns over here and a darn sight cheaper (ish) :rolleyes:

i was going to list the medway but it enters the thames outside of london but it does have its share of unusual fish ,plenty of ruffe which then (when i was a kid) were never seen along with flounders upstream from maidstone and the odd trout to enthral you with its markings ,i caught a 3" rainbow at the reed factory stretch and remember to this day the little jewel i held in my hand.

now i can just walk across the field and drag out a score on bread without effort ,the brownies though are far harder and very much rarer ;)

tilford is infact a pretty important place on the wey .i'l let you find out why ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson