Thanks from Charles Rangeley-W? Accidental Angler TV

accidental

That's a good idea Steve, why don't we all do it ? We're always moaning about the lack of angling programmes on mainstream television. At least the BBC have made one so we should at least show our support for it.

Get writing !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is a good idea Steve.Would you be so good as to put up the address for us lazy boys?

Considering how close "Z" and "D" are on a key board I was most fortunate not to have a typo there!!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Contact the Points of View team by email: pov@bbc.co.uk, telephone: 0870 908 3199 (local rate) or write to them at: POV, BBC Birmingham, The Mailbox, Birmingham B1 1RF.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/points_of_view/

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Cheers Leon! When will I learn that you ALWAYS have this type of information!!

I dont normally contact things like this but I agree that it would be a good idea. If only 10% of anglers did I bet that would be enough for Auntie Beeb to sit up and take notice!

On Radio 5-Live whenever they are talking about the Sports Personality Of The Year etc. they often talk about how there are probably many unsung heroes of the sportsworld, and then go on to joke about how many anglers write in trying to nominate Bob Nudd.

Why is it a joke??? I see they've gone all out this year and included a gymnast called Beth Twaddle, and a horse called Zara or something...

Dont think Bob Dud would get many pike anglers votes now!

Seriously though its a joke really isnt it? we (the great British public) are always moaning that we never win anything yet choose to ignore a man who has been a World champion several times! In fact our International match angling sucsess is one to be proud of full stop!

When Wolfgang Kremkus won the title he became an over night celebrity in Germany.His name and face apeared on every thing.No we will just see another one of result or vastly over paid proffesional "sportsman" get the award again.

Also whats the "Personality" bit about? Most years Ive watched it/took any notice its been just "Sportsman of the Year" Ive not seen many winners with much personality! Aghhh the whole things just a load of old back slapping mutal arse kissing rubbish! I only put rubbish by the way because ****** would be censored!!

Mind you has Dudy got much of a personality? I dont know cause Ive never met him? he doesnt normally attend any PAC do's!

Also whats the "Personality" bit about? Most years Ive watched it/took any notice its been just "Sportsman of the Year"

Cept of course Mr Flintoff last year, he had a very inebriated personality after the ashes !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"