Thanks from Charles Rangeley-W? Accidental Angler TV

accidental

Hi Charles,

I have watched both episodes now and thoroughly enjoyed them. You really have captured the essence of what fishing is all about. I too have made the pilgrimage to the Cauvery in search of mahseer and could really relate to all that was said, the imagery brought back many memories from my own trip. It's as much about the culture as the quarry when on an overseas fishing adventure and I have personally found that as a travelling angler you are never short of company or something to do! Travelling and fishing go together so well I never leave home without a rod strapped to my rucksack, it really enriches the travelling experience.

I don't think I could fault the programmes in any way as there is a perfect mix of content ensuring entertainment for everyone on a sunday evening...especially us fisherfolk! It really is great to see angling back on the beeb after all these years and as far as comparisons to 'A passion for angling' go, I reckon they are unjustified as your series is in an entirely different league all of it's own. Keep up the good work and heres hoping they sign you up for some more adventures in the future!

Tight lines,

Sam.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding last night ! What a place to fish. Congrats to you Charles and looking forward to Sunday !

Ali

i liked the first episode, mainly because of the country and the quarry, but i lost any interest in the programme last night as soon as he said he was going to be fishing for trout, the only fish to have a method developed to specifically make them harder to catch.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Still too little fishing in it and too many repeated shots of vechicles, mule trains, etc. in the "getting there" sequences :(. A tiny bit more fishing related information might help when you eventually get to the fishing sequences, like how big the trout grew to in the second larger river.

It was nice to see they have speed bumps in Bhutan, though :).

Charles

As with writting you can look back and think of how you would have done something differently, with this series given the time avaliable I think the result's are excellent. Sometimes "just being there" is enough, a fish or two is a bonus. Watching last Sunday's ( Butan ) I think that maybe, just maybe my wife ( and my mother ) are slowly starting to understand my passion.

Thank you.

Andrew Boyd

We missed the first programme as we were fishing in the Amazon Basin last week, but reached home in time to see and enjoy the Bhutan programme.

The best news is that so many non-anglers enjoyed the programmes, which may have made a few converts.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I once met a guy from Surrey at Loch Lomond. It had taken him nine hours to get there and he spent the entire week sitting in his bivvy. I spent the week messing about in my boat, walking my dog on the islands, drinking in the pub, having a laugh with the like minded souls and catching the odd pike. I expect if the man from Surrey watched this program he thought it needed a greater "fishing content". I think what is at issue here is what "fishing" actually means!

I think that you have hit the nail on the head Colin. Some 'anglers' think it is all about catching - what a sad way to live!

Fantastic show,i missed the first one but "caught"(excuse the pun) the one on sunday!All i can sya is its fantastic how you showed us viewers about different cultures and the like.I am only 14 and love fishing with a passion.How did you start this whole idea about travelling doing fishing for the BBC and how did you get

involved with the BBC?

thanks,Michael :P

Hi Charles,

You certainly get to fish in some seriously magical places.

I havnt seen mahseer being caught since John Wilson had a dabble for them on go-fishing.

Where has been your most enjoyable fishing spot (coarse or sea) to date ? ... or do u have a favourite? ....

By the way, would you like a caricature ? (we'd very much like to make you our fish face of the month) take a look - http://www.artfulangler.co.uk. My cousin Rob is the artist who would draw you.

Matt

www.artfulangler.co.uk

Hello Charles, Congratulations two fold. First is for your excellent programmes. Second by personally joining this forum you have silenced your critics, well done hope to see more of you on telly.

regards barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..