car insurance

Andy_1984

My sons Astra was insured by Direct Linew for £1000, he's 2 years younger than you, what are you trying to insure? a small car is much cheaper.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest long-trotter

No claims Discount is earned mate, If you don't make a claim in the first year you can earn up 33% of your next premium, with some firms average is 15 -20%.

Taking a higher excess on your policy will drop the price a bit. Your wise to shop around as you have found prices vary a lot.

Edited by long-trotter

My sons Astra was insured by Direct Linew for £1000, he's 2 years younger than you, what are you trying to insure? a small car is much cheaper.

Dan

Vauxhall Astra Estate 1.7 deisel

does lowering the cars value in the quote lower it any cause im getting the car dirst cheap but ive been putting in the price for a brand new one and would putting in £30 make it look suspicious car passed m.o.t so its perfectly safe

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Guest long-trotter
Vauxhall Astra Estate 1.7 deisel

does lowering the cars value in the quote lower it any cause im getting the car dirst cheap but ive been putting in the price for a brand new one and would putting in £30 make it look suspicious car passed m.o.t so its perfectly safe

Value it at what it's worth, all you will get back is the book price of the car, try http://www.parkers.co.uk/

try this site for insurance

and yes put the price you would get for the car if you sold it

Edited by les middy

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Guest long-trotter

You can see why we have so many uninsured drivers on the road. I have caught so many people of all ages over the years, not just kids.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel when sat in a vehicle fitted with Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras. :(

Edited by long-trotter

You can see why we have so many uninsured drivers on the road. I have caught so many people of all ages over the years, not just kids.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel when sat in a vehicle fitted with Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras. :(

so what does the number plate thing you have bring up, the details i mean.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Guest long-trotter
so what does the number plate thing you have bring up, the details i mean.

sean

They tell us if a vehicle is un-taxed, un-insured, stolen, been involved in crime, thats why number plate cloning is so big

I cannot go into to much detail, there are fixed sites in certain parts of the country, one which is in the public domain is the ANPR scheme in the city of london within the ring of steel as it was called which protected the city from criminals and IRA terrorists entering the zone. infact ANPR was invented after the St. Mary Axe and the Bishopsgate bombs.

Click the link to our site

P.S they can be installed on a motorbike too.

http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/v3/roa.../about/ANPR.htm

Edited by long-trotter

Let me try and quash a few things if I may Andy?? Car value?? This is USUALLY noting really to do with the actual value!! BUT if you valueyour car at say £1000 and it is REALLY worth £3000 your insurer CAN legally pay you the £1000 you valued it at. Howver MOSt insurers now take an across the book value of around £5000 up and you car will fit into a bracket.

MOST of the insurers you see advertising are NOT INSURERS!! they are BROKERS!! the AA IS one!! As the AA get there insurance from several companies! TESCO is actually underwritten by I think UK INSURANCE for example. I know the AA use PROVIDENT insurance in Halifax fro SOME of there cover but not all!!

The thing is ALL insurers take different things into consideration.

Have a look at something like AUTOTRADER as they obtain quotes from ALL over the place. And again they will take a Commission as well so THAT has to be taken into consideration!! As the AUTOTRADER gets a LOT of hits there commission is lower than a lot of the companies out there.

GOOD LUCK!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))