No internet

Andrew

A friend has updateded the family PC, Microshaft, blah blah blah, usual stuff, use recommended setting, blah blah blah.

The update was installed and now the internet has been knocked off. I said it could be the WiFi problem,

Any idea's, running windows 8, if it is how would the wifi option for their router be found por favor.

Ta mucho.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

They haven't accidently pressed the button on the keyboard that turns the wifi off. My computer shows a blue light when it is on. Easy to do !!

• Like 1

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Ta mate,

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I had this a few days ago, also windoz 8.1

Switch router off and on again, had a look around network setting. Quickly fired up again.

Think it was some bug in an update.

Roll on the free windows 10

• Like 1
1509tarpon_75_.gif

Theres never been a perfect windows ,i just hope windows 10 is fully compatible with some of the pc's people hope the upgrade will improve .and the various companies that made the bits within it bring out new drivers for possibly 7year old win7 machines i remember hp didnt bring out a win7 driver for their excellent 1220c printer that turned it into a paperweight overnight as the inbuilt drivers barely worked.

I can bet its a bloated semi functioning bit of software that will suck every bit of cpu and memory just running windows never mind the programs it will probably not support .is there a upgrade advisor ? If so it should be used before taking the plunge especialy on laptops where the internals are far harder to change

Luckily it will only slow to 50% my octo core 16gb machine if its like any other upgrade but my problem will be if its more cloud based at 1.2 mb upload my machine will be the equivilent of a 386 !

Will i upgrade ,yes i am ashamed to say i love upgrades since win3 became 3.11 which was probably the only upgrade that actually made computers work as they should LOL

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I had this a few days ago, also windoz 8.1

Switch router off and on again, had a look around network setting. Quickly fired up again.

Think it was some bug in an update.

Roll on the free windows 10

What a pian in the arse. I wonder how many older people rely on the net to keep in touch with family, update from Microshaft and all contact gone. :yucky:

“Vescere bracis meis”