• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I expected a response from OK, but not that one?? :headhurt:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Caught out by my inability to post pics!!

I wasn't going to use words - the pics were of the tank used to test boats before they leave the factory...we installed them last year after the problems so boats are immersed to deck level, pressurised with air then tested for air bubbles.I'll try again!!

I agree, naturally, that service is paramount in all dealings - long may it continue!!

Andrew

Johnson Outdoors

(Still thinking that this is not a place for manufacturers/distributors to plug their products)

Caught out by my inability to post pics!!

I wasn't going to use words - the pics were of the tank used to test boats before they leave the factory...we installed them last year after the problems so boats are immersed to deck level, pressurised with air then tested for air bubbles.I'll try again!!

I agree, naturally, that service is paramount in all dealings - long may it continue!!

Andrew

Johnson Outdoors

(Still thinking that this is not a place for manufacturers/distributors to plug their products)

:yeah: Yep, like I say, OK are fantastic too, had nothing but GREAT service from them :):):)

SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

Hmm, does warning Niko, who has bought a product we have helped him to obtain, that there might be a problem before he takes it out to sea rate as plugging our product - especially as we are in Australia? As a partner in the company that imports Malibu Kayaks to Oz and Kiwi, we are familiar with the problems that might arise in any of the kayaks we sell. If Niko had said that he had bought one of several other makes, then I could have posted exactly the same caution. Do you feel that it would have been more altruistic to say nothing and let Niko get a wet bum rather than mention that in some units there is a problem that can easily be located and fixed? I have to say that we have received similar criticism here in Oz but it has always been by people who do not want to take the trouble we go to to ensure that our customers get exactly what they want - a kayak that requires no repairs when he/she takes it home.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Hmm, does warning Niko, who has bought a product we have helped him to obtain, that there might be a problem before he takes it out to sea rate as plugging our product - especially as we are in Australia? As a partner in the company that imports Malibu Kayaks to Oz and Kiwi, we are familiar with the problems that might arise in any of the kayaks we sell. If Niko had said that he had bought one of several other makes, then I could have posted exactly the same caution. Do you feel that it would have been more altruistic to say nothing and let Niko get a wet bum rather than mention that in some units there is a problem that can easily be located and fixed? I have to say that we have received similar criticism here in Oz but it has always been by people who do not want to take the trouble we go to to ensure that our customers get exactly what they want - a kayak that requires no repairs when he/she takes it home.

post-8170-1164715235.jpg

OK, I give up on the picture posting!

www.anglersafloat.co.uk/KayakPictures_BG.html will hopefully show pics of how boats are tested in our Ferndale factory...we acknowledged the issues we had last year & try to prevent them getting out at all these days.

Thanks to Starvin Dave & his site for having some computer ability to counter my lack of it!!

Cheers

Andrew

Hmm, does warning Niko, who has bought a product we have helped him to obtain, that there might be a problem before he takes it out to sea rate as plugging our product

very noble but why not tell him when he buys it , not via a forum. :)

Ok Prowler 13

Hmm, does warning Niko, who has bought a product we have helped him to obtain, that there might be a problem before he takes it out to sea rate as plugging our product

very noble but why not tell him when he buys it , not via a forum. :)

I mean what will Puddlepower or whatever his name was say :headhurt::D

seriously though Chevin,now everybody knows you're the importer they will be less inclined to listen to your obviously biased point of view(please forgive me for speaking my mind )

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph