Pistol shooting for 2012 Olympics

RobStubbs

There's a petition on the website below effectively petitioning government to allow athletes to train for the 2012 olympics in the UK. If you support the proposal then please sign up to the petition.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TargetPistols/

Rob.

The full wording of the proposal is;

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Change the law to permit our target pistol shooters to prepare properly for international and Olympic competitions. "

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed and good luck in your campaign. This and the Dangerous Dogs Act are two of the most nauseating and ill thought out pieces of knee-jerk legislation that really get my goat (to say the least) passed in recent times by government pandering to tabloid newspapers.

Paul

so can i join a club, buy a pistol and try out for the olympics.

is this what your trying to get made legal again.

sean

Oh dear, seems like you've still got a long way to go then Rob if these people are still around. Ban the car I say......such a lethal weapon.....etc, et bloody cetera.

Edited by Paul_D

Paul

Oh dear, seems like you've still got a long way to go then Rob if these people are still around. Ban the car I say......such a leathal weapon.....etc, et bloody cetera.

They were banned for a reason, you are asking people to sign, when you have not mentioned any safe guards, children were killed by people in clubs owning guns and hand guns.

I would be happy to sign, if you can come up with some for of safe guard.

if you think, my concern is a problem, then it shows we have a problem anyway.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Guest Ferret1959
Oh dear, seems like you've still got a long way to go then Rob if these people are still around. Ban the car I say......such a lethal weapon.....etc, et bloody cetera.

Ban the bare fist, a deadly weapon carried in the streets.

Edited by Ferret1959

OI OI,

iv'e put my name to it as i think it was wrong to stop gun club's because of one or two prat's

i put my name before reading s_mac's reply, he has a bloody good point & it's no good you paul being sarcastic to his answer

:schmoll::schmoll::schmoll:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

OI OI,

iv'e put my name to it as i think it was wrong to stop gun club's because of one or two prat's

i put my name before reading s_mac's reply, he has a bloody good point & it's no good you paul being sarcastic to his answer

:schmoll::schmoll::schmoll:

Im happy to sign, but come up with some safe guards, not just a please sign because i want to to shoot in the olympics.

i love the olympics and want to see us in all the contests, but at the risk of one child, no way...and as someone said, ban the fists, thats a bit lame, many people use them against children, but that we cant take away, but guns we can..

as for your fist idea, thats why child line was brought about..to try and stop the fist to children...

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Why is it no good Merlino? It's about time people started thinking about things before making their minds up and stating their conclusions in public.

As an aside, well done to airport staff recently for informing police that commercial airline pilots were about to take off with lots of folk (including children) onboard whilst intoxicated, and, hence, stopping these idiots from flying. Aeroplanes (much like target pistols) are inanimate objects. It's the disturbed people that operate them that need banning.

Paul