Pistol shooting for 2012 Olympics

RobStubbs

Just one more post to think about..over here and in the USA, where people had gone into schools, killed alot of our children on both sides of the atlantic, had been members of gun clubs, i would say over the last 20 years, more people had done that, than joe blogs off the street who had an illegal guns.

all i want is some safe guards, is that really to much to ask.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i want is some safe guards,

Sean - you keep speaking of wanting 'safe guards'. What sorts of thing do you have in mind?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

My reply just bounced, try 2.

The handgun ban was an illogical knee jerk reaction brought in to appease the public. Bad politics and bad sense. 99+% of gun crime is committed with illegally held firearms so surely the government should be tackling that as a matter of urgency ?

You ask for safeguards but what safeguards do you have now against all those illegally held firearms ?

Rob.

Sean - you keep speaking of wanting 'safe guards'. What sorts of thing do you have in mind?

I dont know what they are newt, maybe thats why our government banned them, because there are none, bu i have three girls who go to school. and i dont want to live in fear of some of the school shootings that happened over the last few years, in our country as well as yours.

sean

Just one point, if there are no safe guards, that anyone can come up with, which up to now no one has,

Then should we really put guns in the hands of people we dont really know, but can shoot well, they can aim staright and hit there target, what ever target that may be, and when they are done, they turn that target to themselves

and leave the us behind to pick up the pieces.

Im sorry guys that i dont agree.

Butr the welfare of my children come first, and when they are at school, i want to know that they will be at home that evening, safe and well, and i can tuck them into bed at night.

sean

I dont know what they are newt, maybe thats why our government banned them, because there are none, bu i have three girls who go to school. and i dont want to live in fear of some of the school shootings that happened over the last few years, in our country as well as yours.

sean

Oh dear, how very little you know - might I suggest you take a look at the police or home office websites. But in brief guns must be held in locked gun cabinets separate from ammunition. There is a comprehensive police, medical and social check before you can get a firearms certificate. In fact I know of nothing with anything like as many checks, that includes any job you can think of.

But that's just legally held guns. Illegally held guns will be in someones back pocket, some kids school bag, a drug dealers glove box etc. The chances are that if anyone is shot, it will be by an illegally held gun but hey you seem happy to accept that, just so long as it isn't a legal gun it's OK :headhurt:

Rob.

The illegal held fire arms are used in crimes agains crimials, drug people use them on each other..

The innocent childrens live were taken by people who were members of clubs, who had a mental problem.

to my knowledge, you dont find the drug dealers going into schools to kill children....they kill as gang warfare.

sean

I know the guns, and amo must be seperate.

What does that achieve, if a guy has had a bad time at school, he can put the 2 together, he owns them.

Ok roy.

You left the post and asked for people to sign, I asked quite rightly what safe gaurds you could offer for me to sign when the law says no hand guns.

So what your asking is for me to just sign, i have posted a fair question to say what safe gurds maybe put in against a government decision.

as of yet you have not given any, so in realistic terms, do you really want me to say yes, let this man have a gun, when i dont know you, i know nothing about you.

and i guess out of the 10.000 members there is a small fraction who knows you personally, you want us to sign to say let you have a gun.

I know im going to seem the bad person in all this, that i will gladly take to keep my children safe, well as safe as i can possibly keep them. and to me if its one gun off the streets, its better that none.

come up with something, and i have said i would be happy to sign

sean

i may be reading this wrong, but i get the impression that rob is just asking that the british olimpic team be allowed to train for the olimpics in britain.

i belive at the moment they have to leave the country to train?.i dont think hes suggesting that the gun law that was brought in (rightly or wrongly) after dunblane is reversed.

just my take on it. cheers dave. :)

When asked on a television why the handgun ban had not reduced gun crime, a senior police officer said.

"We didn't expect it too".

More kids get run over by cars whilst walking home from school than have ever been shot in class!

One of the best ways of stopping a keen shooter getting into trouble is to give him a license. Drunk driving, fighting, thieving etc even just associating with criminals are all ways of losing your license.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net