Close Season Fishing !

BobH

Tut tut Bob, here you go again, putting 'lesser mortals' down. Why do feel you have to do that?

We've all seen and admired your impressive list of angling achievements. There's no need to try and belittle others for not matching them.

John.

Read the thread Gozzer, thread spoilers scoring points ?

Bob

BobH,

How does your comment affect/effect Gozzers advice? I am often of the other side of the coin from you. A critic is someone who has no discernible talent so tries to make someone else feel as useless. You say, "I've heard it all before, usually from people who cannot catch any thing worth photographing !!" I am a carp guy (not overly proud or overly ashamed) as subject to the critics for targeting "sewer bass". I promise you I have caught more carp than you've laid eyes on in your distinguished lifetime - and no pictures. I've known very few top notch swim coaches that were good swimmers.

Phone

Edit: If you are sensitive to Chesters1's posts we have an ignore feature.

Edited by Phone
  • Like 1

Read the thread Gozzer, thread spoilers scoring points ?

Bob

I have read the thread Bob, that's why I was able to comment on something I thought was wrong. No point scoring involved, just a dislike of avoiding giving a 'proper' answer, by an attempt to belittle the other person. It's not the first time I've mentioned it, and sadly I doubt it will be the last.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I have read the thread Bob, that's why I was able to comment on something I thought was wrong. No point scoring involved, just a dislike of avoiding giving a 'proper' answer, by an attempt to belittle the other person. It's not the first time I've mentioned it, and sadly I doubt it will be the last.

John

gozzer,

Same as, the last time we crossed swords !!

Phone,

How would you know how many carp I've seen ?

Bob

I had my first trip out this close season and as usual I like to do a bit of pleasure fishing, using my Cane rods and dated fixed spools.

Sitting there minding my own business and firing out maggots, the line suddenly ripped off and I jumped up only to find myself flat on the floor with a tweaked shoulder ?

Still not a blank and a very enjoyable afternoon !!

Bob

This is how I started the Thread, only to be hijacked by those who have issues other than catching a few fish and creating a thread of fish caught in the old Closed River Season.

:clap3:

Bob

This is how I started the Thread, only to be hijacked by those who have issues other than catching a few fish and creating a thread of fish caught in the old Closed River Season.

:clap3

Bob

Yeh "caught in the old closed river season" getting there it should be "caught in the old closed season" because ofcourse the close season still applies to rivers so i give it 7/10

Look here lots of potential fish pictures for the trophy hunter

Not my picture ofcourse

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simonverrall/15288211551/

Is it cheating taking a picture containing all the fish but the chap forgot to hold the pond out neerer the camera so it looked bigger ,bloody amateur

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

BobH,

How does your comment affect/effect Gozzers advice? I am often of the other side of the coin from you. A critic is someone who has no discernible talent so tries to make someone else feel as useless. You say, "I've heard it all before, usually from people who cannot catch any thing worth photographing !!" I am a carp guy (not overly proud or overly ashamed) as subject to the critics for targeting "sewer bass". I promise you I have caught more carp than you've laid eyes on in your distinguished lifetime - and no pictures. I've known very few top notch swim coaches that were good swimmers.

Phone

Edit: "If you are sensitive to Chesters1's posts we have an ignore feature".

I use it on me ...who said that?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

So...anyone actually doing any fishing? :rolleyes:

Rich and I went perch fishing again after work and tried a different area of the pond, more perch were caught including our first proper one, a really good 2lb+ fish to Rich. All so far to worms, and most from very close in. I tried a prawn and had a couple of aborted bites, so that needs a bit more time to see if it works.

Surprisingly all the fish we've caught so far have been perch, despite the fact that this is a heavily stocked small pond full of all species. I didn't think it would be that selective.

No photos I'm afraid, I don't want to show off ;)

• Like 2

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

gozzer,

Same as, the last time we crossed swords !!

Bob

That's precisely my point Bob.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

So...anyone actually doing any fishing? :rolleyes:

Nothing planned at the moment. The trout fishing opens April 1st, so I have a little time to do a few bits and pieces. I need to replace the felt soles on my waders and tie up some flies - I'm thinking pheasant tail nymphs, beaded hare's ears and peeping caddis mostly, since those are my go-to river flies for early season. I will probably also tie up some more klinks with foam posts, since they make an excellent float dry fly for suspending a nymph under.

• Like 1