Close Season Fishing !

BobH

BobH,

Well - so enlighten us. You have certainly told us a lot about successful exploits angling. Have you caught 11,000 tons of carp per year or not?

I don't want an argument from 6000 miles. I admire most of the stuff you post on ANGLING. IMO the most meticulous and dedicated carp anglers in the world are in the UK. I hold in highest esteem the many UK ex-pats I can honestly call friends and fellow anglers.

You are a pi$$ poor debater. Hard headed as most Brits are. And often, IMO, wrong or misguided. I'm almost as good at trolling for Brits set in their way as I am a carp fisherman.

Phone

Have a picture of one of a good number of healthy young roach I had on the 15th. I took to annoy a mate who couldn't get out on that day, and as a personal image to shake off any regret that the river season had finished and start me thinking about the fun things to do over the next three months. Love roach, and they're growing well in this. Had to miss this weekend, at a conference (about fish, as it happens, so not all is lost).

post-20579-0-39926200-1427014444_thumb.jpg

Edited by Latimeria

BobH,

Well - so enlighten us. You have certainly told us a lot about successful exploits angling. Have you caught 11,000 tons of carp per year or not?

I don't want an argument from 6000 miles. I admire most of the stuff you post on ANGLING. IMO the most meticulous and dedicated carp anglers in the world are in the UK. I hold in highest esteem the many UK ex-pats I can honestly call friends and fellow anglers.

You are a pi$$ poor debater. Hard headed as most Brits are. And often, IMO, wrong or misguided. I'm almost as good at trolling for Brits set in their way as I am a carp fisherman.

Phone

Phone,

That would be about your mark mate ?

Insults suit you ideally !!

Bob

John,

Your main aim is to have a go at me when ever possible, I know you seem to have something against Carp fishing and fisherman, I'm an all-rounder, thus my Gallery, so I will always come back at you and if it sounds elitist, go out and catch the same kind of fish I have !!

And when you have, post up a few pictures as prove of those captures.

Taking pictures of fish has been a part of British Specimen Hunting since the 1950s, it's part of our a culture and not something maybe understood by anglers from abroad, those who don't want to take pictures often like to belittle anglers who do and thus we find the same old arguments turn up time after time.

I have been asked by a number of poster to give advise on certain types of Specimen fishing and I have given the advise willingly, but there are one or two poster on here who don't seem to appreciate the type of fishing I do and some of the other lads on here.

To bad I will continue to help if I can and the Tread Spoilers will get short shrift from me !!

Bob

Bob, you obviously don't read/understand posts fully, or you wouldn't jump to such conclusions.

I have had a 'pop' at you, because some of the stuff you have posted is so full of self importance, and 'look at me', it's almost unbelievable from a man your age.

In your little spat with Budgie, (Dick Dastardly), you tried to put him down, saying how long you had been on the forum compared to him. Well there is a big difference between just being a member, and being an active member, and you've only become the latter recently. During our discussion about carp cradles, I tried to put forward my thoughts on the subject. You didn't either understand, or want to understand, and couldn't put a decent case forward, either to me, or those that understood what I was saying. Instead you decided to use the childish argument that those who opposed your views, were jealous of you. Then there was the snide comment about me, made to a third party. Then in another bout of self importance, you posted that chesters was arguing about pictures because he wasn't capable of catching anything worth weighing!

When I log on and there's not much happening, I look at the whole site, all the forums, blogs, tips, old articles and the gallery. I noticed that you had put a dozen or so pictures of you with fish, almost as soon as you had come back on site. I didn't think much of it until the other comments started coming, then it took on a different light. Even in your post above you put yourself forward as being something 'special'

While I can, and do, admire your angling achievements, a little less ego, and a bit more modesty, and even a willingness to accept other peoples viewpoint occasionally in your posts, wouldn't go amiss.

Just my opinion of course.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Opinions are great i have a wardrobe full

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not a pleasant thread :yucky::yawn::cry::headhurt:

Pink suits were ok 20 years ago ,theyl be back

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson