Petition the PM, on-line in 2 mins, to save the fish stocks

fishyrob

I totally agree with you. An NTZ should be exactly that. But you should sign, as with no fish stocks there is no commercial fishing at all ever again. Wheras this petition campaigns for a period of ten years, and is supported by scientific advice. So, if you are truly in support of commercial fishing, surely you have no choice but to sign?

What scientific advice?

If I was sent to prison for ten years, then it was proved that it was not me that done it, I would be suitably compensated.

So after ten years cod stocks have not improved, which they won't, are you ,all those who sign, willing to pay the compensation.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so the arguments begin again......................................

No - one on here is ever gonna influence the powers in charge, you may aswell get your fishing tackle out and get some fishing done! :thumbs::fishing1:

Thing is i tried it this sunday. Off folkestone i was blooo.................dy useless so i think i might just stay on the internet forum. cheers barry :blink:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Thing is i tried it this sunday. Off folkestone i was blooo.................dy useless so i think i might just stay on the internet forum. cheers barry :blink:

P.S. Any commercials out there who wish to target a particular abundant species, french, english, dutch all welcome. Called dogfish, there must be millions of the critters.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Er no. its asking for 'areas'

Not particularly specific is it ? I might agree with some of the areas but the reality is I am petitioning for all because I don't know which ones.

I'd be more inclined to complete a petition that restricted Commercial Fishing to UK registered boats albeit with quotas. I am an RSA, but these guys have to eat too.

What scientific advice?

If I was sent to prison for ten years, then it was proved that it was not me that done it, I would be suitably compensated.

So after ten years cod stocks have not improved, which they won't, are you ,all those who sign, willing to pay the compensation.

For an interesting article about the scientific advice, look here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3945121.stm

Then you will be better informed about the matter. See the bit where it says that the scientists from 19 different countries say that fishing can not carry on at the present level in British waters. These guys spend their life monitoring whats going on. To me that makes them a very good group to highlight to the rest of the world the situation. Trouble is, the EU and the UK government doesnt move without being prodded. An enormous petition would prod them. Do you think the MLS for bass would have been reviewed if it wasnt for the lobbying of BASS for example? And who will be paying the compensation to the tackle industry, and the charter skippers, and the hotel and tourism industry, for their lost income when there are no more fish to be caught?

As for moving this from the general sea fishing, I think that there should be a link there also, as this petition needs maximum exposure, and is too important an issue to be denied the exposure by putting it on the politics and conservation forum, which many people will not be viewing.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ IF YOU WANT TO SAVE OUR FISH STOCKS

Interesting comparison here. WorldSeafishing.com, same topic. 59 replies in 15 hours, all bar one having signed the petition. AnglersNet, 96 views, 14 replies, one person not intimidated to say they have signed. I just hope the anglers out there are follwing the link wether they leave comment or not. Or perhaps this site should be re-named TrawlermansNet?

For an interesting article about the scientific advice, look here: [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3945121.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3945121.stm

These guys spend their life monitoring whats going on. To me that makes them a very good group to highlight to the rest of the world the situation.

And where do you think commercial fishermen spend their life?

You are a typical product of the scare, doom and gloom state of fear tactics used by the environmentalist, some scientist, it is probably quite possible to dig up just as many scientists that say the opposite, I had two such scientists working on my boat earlier this year.

It's misinformed jump on the band wagon types like you that cause so much friction between commercials and anglers.

I fish to live and live to fish.

And where do you think commercial fishermen spend their life?

You are a typical product of the scare, doom and gloom state of fear tactics used by the environmentalist, some scientist, it is probably quite possible to dig up just as many scientists that say the opposite, I had two such scientists working on my boat earlier this year.

It's misinformed jump on the band wagon types like you that cause so much friction between commercials and anglers.

Really. Or am I the sort of person that listens to scientific advice. Did you not follow the story of the Canadian cod fishery, where just before total collapse the fishing for cod actually saw bigger returns in the last two years, but this wasnt because their were more fish, but because the few fish that were left were shoaling tightly and therefore once they were located good catches could be made. Now, after a complete ban for the last 14 years or so, there are still no fish because the stock level wasnt able to recover, as the stock had been fished to un-recoverable levels. ICES are suggesting that is happening here. But you carry on campaigning for complete anihilation, Wurzel. I'm guessing you dont have children that you want to follow in you footsteps. Kind of ironic, though, you posting on a Conservation and politics forum. Why do you think you are right, and that all the scientists are wrong? Why do you think that your knowledge of your local patch is the same everywhere? When I was a teenager, I fished on Canvey Island in Essex for cod, in November and December. And I caught cod. If I went fishing, I would EXPECT to catch at least three or four table fish EVERY TRIP. Now you cant do that. After half a dozen trips you migh be lucky enough to eek one out. That isnt listening to scientists, that is a direct comparison of the fishing now and twenty years ago. If there are loads of cod in the sea, and you are all knowledgable about them, could you please explain to me why this is the case? I really would like to know, because if it isnt a massive reduction in the fish available, I dont understand whats going on. If you cant explain, then perhaps you had better pipe down and go back to shadowing the catch reports for where you will be setting your nets.

Guest challenge
Really. Or am I the sort of person that listens to scientific advice. Did you not follow the story of the Canadian cod fishery, where just before total collapse the fishing for cod actually saw bigger returns in the last two years, but this wasnt because their were more fish, but because the few fish that were left were shoaling tightly and therefore once they were located good catches could be made. Now, after a complete ban for the last 14 years or so, there are still no fish because the stock level wasnt able to recover, as the stock had been fished to un-recoverable levels. ICES are suggesting that is happening here. But you carry on campaigning for complete anihilation, Wurzel. I'm guessing you dont have children that you want to follow in you footsteps. Kind of ironic, though, you posting on a Conservation and politics forum. Why do you think you are right, and that all the scientists are wrong? Why do you think that your knowledge of your local patch is the same everywhere? When I was a teenager, I fished on Canvey Island in Essex for cod, in November and December. And I caught cod. If I went fishing, I would EXPECT to catch at least three or four table fish EVERY TRIP. Now you cant do that. After half a dozen trips you migh be lucky enough to eek one out. That isnt listening to scientists, that is a direct comparison of the fishing now and twenty years ago. If there are loads of cod in the sea, and you are all knowledgable about them, could you please explain to me why this is the case? I really would like to know, because if it isnt a massive reduction in the fish available, I dont understand whats going on. If you cant explain, then perhaps you had better pipe down and go back to shadowing the catch reports for where you will be setting your nets.

But this man works to the rules that his scientifically advised government have told him he can fish and makes a good living in an industry and a lifestyle that his son is also taking part in and hopefully his grandchildren after that.