THREE SECTION BEACH CASTER

barbelbarmy

As i live about as far from the coast as you can get my only chance to fish is on holidays. My wife takes the kitchen sink on holidays and so space is at a premium and the two section rods are hard to transport.

Can anyone advise me on a good three section rod for general beach casting use with a fixed spool reel please.

As i live about as far from the coast as you can get my only chance to fish is on holidays. My wife takes the kitchen sink on holidays and so space is at a premium and the two section rods are hard to transport.

Can anyone advise me on a good three section rod for general beach casting use with a fixed spool reel please.

:clap2: Several of the Shakespeare are 3 piece, the K2 is the top of the range, also ABU do some under various names, not bad for the money either, all are worth a look. :clap2:

For all round fishing I would also go with the Penn V3 (Now with a new name), they come with two tips so you can cast from 2oz to 70z, I have even used mine with spinners, but they will still take large fish.

As Fishing Guernsey mentions they are a bit light for heavy duty work like congers over rough ground. I can use mine for Dabs and light beach work, change tip and they will do normal beach and rock work, they are fantastic for spinning jelly worms for Pollock, and when you get a decent fish, they play them very well.

I also have two of them, I use them with Penn525's, but they work with fixed spools (The V3 came in fixed or multiplier format, they Seatreck may just be rung differently) for 90% of my fishing they are excellent middle of the road rods.

They are now called "Penn Surfblaster - Seatrek (Twin tip)" They have been around for awhile so you should find them well discounted.

Bob

Edited by Bob on Stronsay

Hi barbelbarmy, I've got a K2 Titanium Team Extreme 4.50m and the

K2 Blue Metal Team Extreme 5.00m. :thumbs:

Both these are very good rods, I use multipliers and Iv'e increased my casting distances using them.

(Mind I'm Still a Likkle Blanker :2: )

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

hi mate ,,if your only guna use it on your holls ,try the 3 piece grauvell mg surf 450 . comes with a half decent fixed spool as well for 60 quid from veals ,,,,its the best 60 quid for a cheapy ive ever spent ,

Edited by groyne bandit

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

Bugger!! Les just bought my last two!! But if you do decide I know of a man who has an odd one or two........

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))