The state of the rivers

Anderoo

I don't know about you but around Oxford it's TERRIBLE! I was hoping to get out for a few hours over the weekend but it looks even worse than last weekend, which is saying something. The Thames and its tributaries are in a right state, full to bursting with muddy, turbulent, freezing cold water.

What's it like where you are?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you but around Oxford it's TERRIBLE! I was hoping to get out for a few hours over the weekend but it looks even worse than last weekend, which is saying something. The Thames and its tributaries are in a right state, full to bursting with muddy, turbulent, freezing cold water.

What's it like where you are?

It's a bit grim here at the moment too. :(

It's a bit grim here at the moment too. :(

Checked the EA Riverline this morning and was all set to go for a spot of grayling fishing on the Wharfe. By the time I had walked the dog and made a flask it was pouring down. That was two hours since and it is still pouring down. :(

Regards, Clive

I fished the Trent a couple of nights ago it was clear , cold and slower than this time of the year would normaly be.

I caught 1 chub aroud 4lb and No Barbel which was my aim, for 9 hours fishing that was my only bite.

MDG

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

It is biblical in places.....the Cherwell below Banbury is horrendous and, well, we know how the Oxfordshire Thames is but may venture out for a couple of hours to night in a weirpool slack....

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

The Severn was 6ft up yesterday and bloody cold. Barbel responded accordingly and switched off.

Just had a look at the webcam and it seems to have risen even more! It`d be perfect if the water temperature was a couple of degrees higher but as for the weekend........no ta.

wolf.gif

I've learnt the hard way not too bother when it's like this. No doubt some will disagree, but I just don't think it's worth the effort. Having said that, there's a mini-marina on my local stretch that I bet is stuffed full of pike right now. If things sort themselves out a little between now and Sunday I might just be tempted to toss a sardine in.

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

my trip to the wye, which was supposed to happen 2 weeks ago has been put on hold, due to 2 weeks of welsh rain!!!

im glad its not just here!!!

severn wolf, the severn starts about 12 miles from me, and its bloooming wet around there, i was in the area yesterday night, walking, and all the streams are like flowing at a hell of a rate, there was a waterfall on one of the streams that was chucking water out at a near horizonal level, like a hose pipe. so for the moment expect no relief in the river levels unfortunately!!!