The state of the rivers

Anderoo

my trip to the wye, which was supposed to happen 2 weeks ago has been put on hold, due to 2 weeks of welsh rain!!!

im glad its not just here!!!

severn wolf, the severn starts about 12 miles from me, and its bloooming wet around there, i was in the area yesterday night, walking, and all the streams are like flowing at a hell of a rate, there was a waterfall on one of the streams that was chucking water out at a near horizonal level, like a hose pipe. so for the moment expect no relief in the river levels unfortunately!!!

Well should be getting that water by Monday David, havn't had a chance to look at the Severn since last Monday, but I expect the worse. The Warwickshire Avon will be no go for sure, so will hope the Teme will be allright.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivers may be cr*p so get out on the canal - just back from 2½hrs on the Kennet and Avon - had a dozen perch over a pound of which 5 were over 2lb. Best three between 2½-2¾lb.

Nearly didn't go due to the wind and rain - but spotted a hole in the weather (thank you Met Office Rain Radar!) and took a gamble!

:)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Can we have some of your rain please?

At Wingham in Kent we've had just 26mm (a fraction over an inch) of rain in November, and we're already 80% through the month. Our average rainfall for November is 66mm (2.6inches). This is just making our drought worse.

The water temperature in the Coarse Lake yesterday was 50.4F ((10.2C). It probably went up overnight as the air temperature reached an incredible 62F (16.7C) at 5.30 this morning! That's warmer than many summer nights!

What's the betting we get snow and floods here now though!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Can we have some of your rain please?

At Wingham in Kent we've had just 26mm (a fraction over an inch) of rain in November, and we're already 80% through the month.

Well we're having a pretty wet autumn - I use this weather site a lot...

http://weather.kennetsignalling.com/home.html

It's about 7 miles west of me and less than ½mile from the Kennet - as you can see it's recorded 212mm of rain for this Oct and Nov to date - some 8½inches of very welcome rain!

C.

severn wolf, the severn starts about 12 miles from me, and its bloooming wet around there, i was in the area yesterday night, walking, and all the streams are like flowing at a hell of a rate, there was a waterfall on one of the streams that was chucking water out at a near horizonal level, like a hose pipe. so for the moment expect no relief in the river levels unfortunately!!!

Thats good news! Hopefully the barbel will have adjusted to the temerature by mid week. I can feel a couple of evening flood sessions in Bridgnorth looming on the horizon!

wolf.gif

The rivers in Essex are up and running hard with lots of colour. Fish with my pal Mat Lee yesterday. We walked about a half mile stretch of river just ploping ledgerd worm in likely looking places. Mat had a fair chub of 3lb 14oz and a small roach, I just caught a small roach. I like the rivers when they are like this.

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

Well we're having a pretty wet autumn - I use this weather site a lot...

http://weather.kennetsignalling.com/home.html

It's about 7 miles west of me and less than ½mile from the Kennet - as you can see it's recorded 212mm of rain for this Oct and Nov to date - some 8½inches of very welcome rain!

C.

Thanks, an interesting site. I see that in the Thatcham area we've already had significantly more rain in 2006 than the last 3 years.

john clarke

Thanks, an interesting site. I see that in the Thatcham area we've already had significantly more rain in 2006 than the last 3 years.

Yup - and last month (Oct) was the wettest since Nov 02...

C.