How low will people go

glennk

That is disgusting! I just hope nobody died, or was seriously injured, as a result of their actions.

The emergency services are, more and more, becoming targets of crime. Nothing is sacred these days :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I had best say nothing :angry::angry::angry::angry::bones::boxing:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

The result of soft prisons, with no proper punishment or hard labour. Pathetic sentencing policies, shortage of prisons etc.

An example of justice in Cyprus, where I visit frequently, as my in-laws live there. On the shore, near an estuary, is a sign. it simply says, ' No driving along the forshore, penalty, 6 months in Nicosia Prison'.

Now if we had a no-nonsense policy like that, we could get somewhere.

There could be a sign outside of all lifeboat stations.

Theft of lifeboat equipment will result in ten years hard prison labour, no exceptions.

Then you would see a difference.

The result of soft prisons, with no proper punishment or hard labour. Pathetic sentencing policies, shortage of prisons etc.

An example of justice in Cyprus, where I visit frequently, as my in-laws live there. On the shore, near an estuary, is a sign. it simply says, ' No driving along the forshore, penalty, 6 months in Nicosia Prison'.

Now if we had a no-nonsense policy like that, we could get somewhere.

There could be a sign outside of all lifeboat stations.

Theft of lifeboat equipment will result in ten years hard prison labour, no exceptions.

Then you would see a difference.

I cant agree with you more Mike, all we ever hear now is rehabilitation of offenders and I was amazed to hear recently on the news one evening about the automatic 50% reduction in sentance for simply pleading guilty in most cases. I know there will be howls of disagreement with my comments but I was always brought up to accept the fact that if one broke the law that you would be punished for it ! What is wrong with our society when money becomes more important than life Itself ? This view is even taken in the courts, commit a large robbery and you will receive a harsher sentance than a murderer, where is the justice in that ? One only has to look at rising crime rates to see that the softly softly approach is not working and I have even heard comments that some young people regard an A.S.B.O as something of a status symbol. I am certainly not saying that we should bring back the death sentance as I don't believe that is a deterrent but let's see some harsher sentancing and other forms of deterrent, one only has to look at the Isle of Man and the increase in crime if one needs more proof of soft sentancing = more crime.