Bank Holiday Cornwall Weekend

ChrisW

Hi all,

I am planning a Bankholiday Weekend fishing trip down to Cornwall in May. I know some of your will be thinking "its a little early to start doing that" but some of the guys I know work in the retail trade so need plenty of notice to arrange any time off if needed.

Now the general idea is to travel down on the Friday with maybe a meet at exeter services fish the sat/sun and maybe the sat night as well then back on the monday. The loacation as it stands will be a place called Gorran haven which a couple of us have already fished. It has a good beach to launch from, parking just up the road which costs £2.00 all day and good selction of mixed ground for the fishing and most importantly a good cafe on the beach and pubs close by.

Camping will be the way to go as in accomdation hence why I need to know how many will be coming so I can look into booking camping pitches as soon as possible due to it being a Bank Holiday.

So from the guys down yer in Devon we have a possible 11 (including you Headshine :) ) but anyone from up country interested? and if any of the guys down in Cornwall have any better site choices or suggestions feel free to post them.

All the best

ChrisW

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris.

Not sure but I think there are two Bankhols in May ?

Just a thought, how about fishing the one at the end of the month, if it fits in with everyones routine?

Also, itll give a bit more time for things to start moving.......just a thought mate.

Well done you for organising the trip :thumbs:

Bill. :)

Nice one Headshine :clap:

And nice seeing you the other night Bill, I picked May because they are two Bank Holidays then, good point on letting things move in so to speak. Its early days yet Im just trying to get names togeather so I can sort out tent numbers for booking pitches and hopefully get a few of our fellow Yakkers down from up country.

Chris

Edited by ChrisW

Up for it Chris, will provisionally book both dates (another shift change on the way :wallbash: ), not too sure about camping but will see if any more from the area want to join ok? cheers

Hi chaz,

Ok you are down on the list........ nice one :yeah:

Chris

Chris, glad to see that the kayak fishing is taking off for you, well done :)

I would love to meet up for your trip but will be out of the UK art the time. Wish you the best, Terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi Chris.

Put me down on the list mate, hopefully Millsey will be mended by then too.

Its only work commitments that can bogger it up for us, but should be fine.

Look forward to the details, good luck with the organising :thumbs:

Bill. :)

Ok Bill,

You are down on the list................... :yeah:

Chris