Pike and zander fish-in

Anderoo

I have been leaving it for as long as poss but I had a phone call last nght and they want me to do a job trial all day Saturday, one way of getting free labour I suppose!! :lol:

I was really hoping to catch my first zander :( maybe someone will organize another next season) I hope you all have a great time and I look forward to reading the catch reports, just sorry I won't be there to see them.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that Lyn, I was hoping for the famous bacon rolls! I expect there'll be another one next year in some shape or form, so we'll try to pick a date that works for you.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I quite like Summer zedding as those warm barmy nights are just so much more comfortable! Relief Channel used to be quite good in the summer? Never had a biggie at that time of year but plenty of schoolies.

If it goes down well this time (and we can tear ourselves away from Wingham) we could consider one?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I quite like Summer zedding as those warm barmy nights are just so much more comfortable! Relief Channel used to be quite good in the summer? Never had a biggie at that time of year but plenty of schoolies.

If it goes down well this time (and we can tear ourselves away from Wingham) we could consider one?

Sounds great, it's much more pleasant in the summer as you say. However the nights are shorter and we'd have to buy a full season ticket (or 3 day tickets plus 2 night tickets) so it would be expensive. We could try talking to someone in KLAA to see if they'd do us a special rate though? Can't hurt to ask...

This weekend it's unlikely to be all-action stuff but if we do catch it might be a goodun.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I had a drive around some KLAA waters last evening. At a bridge very close to our venue, there were two very serious-looking anglers setting up for a night session, presumably for zander.The fact that their truck was emblazoned with the logo of a local tackle shop shows that they must have both expertise and local knowledge.

There were also two predator anglers on the Old Bedford River at Salters Lode, so it all bodes well especially with the mild temperatures predicted.

Thanks for the update Fenman, sounds like we'll be in the right place. Add in good conditions and perhaps a sprinkling of luck and it could turn out very well indeed :)

I spent ages getting everything ready last night, I can't wait to get going!

One last thing, please say if you're unsure about unhooking, etc. and would like to be near someone who knows the ropes. That's half the reason for these predator fish-ins, although so far it's mainly been experienced people who have come along! If you can unhook pike, you can unhook zander, it's the same principle.

I've been unable to get the landing net I want in time. In the extremely unlikely event that I hook anything, can I assume someone will be within shouting distance wielding a net, please?