Pike and zander fish-in

Anderoo

I've amended the first post again to confirm the time and date of the pike teach-in - this will be at 2pm on Saturday 28 Feb on the bank. Directions will be provided to those who confirm they are coming. Please do make the effort, it's not every day someone of Budgie's experience offers something like this for free :thumbs:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spoke to Mark Harding's (KLAA membership secretary) wife, she thinks it'll be no problem for us to get half price tickets, and maybe even a weekly ticket (£15), but Mr Harding will phone me later when he finishes work and confirm.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

A local angler had three pike to just over 20lbs from the Old Bedford River at Salters Lode, near Downham Market over Christmas. This is a KLAA water - and it's right next to Well Creek where fishing is free. Both are narrow and shallow, but both seem to be producing decent pike. Just an idea if the other venues aren't producing.

Thanks for that Fenman, sorry, only just noticed your post.

Me again :rolleyes:

This goes without saying, but please be aware that KLAA is very hot on the issue of moving live or dead fish from one water to another. For bait, please use frozen deads or catch your lives or deads from the same water we'll be predator fishing. The KLAA baliffs are always out and about.

Me again :rolleyes:

The KLAA baliffs are always out and about.

I'll second that. You can find the most remote deserted stretch of KLAA water you like, and 9 times out of 10 the bailiff will magically appear from nowhere to check your tickets! :huh::blink:

I can only guess that every NW Norfolk resident is a KLAA spy! B)

Good job too, as once a bailiff prevented me from fishing somewhere that hadn't produced all week, suggesting instead another venue where I had a fish a chuck. :clap2:

Edited by Angly

Geoff

Mark Harding just kindly phoned me back to confirm we can all get half price season tickets on the bank (£18), and that there aren't any matches on where we'll be, and that we'll be in as good a spot as any! So we're good to go. I'll send directions etc. via PM nearer the time, once we have a better idea of who's coming.

Anyone heard from Brian Carragher?

I might be able to make this, depending on getting the time off from work

That'd be good :thumbs: I'll put you down as a TBC Si.

Edited by Anderoo