Piking at Kingsbury

twochay

Got to agree with John, Earlswood isn’t a patch on what it was in the 70's. Unless it’s picked up recently (as indeed pike waters can if left alone for a bit. Thinking back on it it must have been the late 80's early 90's when I last fished it (Andrew?) I think Andrew fished it a few times after though. In fact the last time I fished it was on New Years Eve or Day caught one fish a rather stumpy double. Also last time I spoke to John Sidly before he passed away. There were a few people up there that day either fishing it or just walking round for "old time’s sake".

Yes Budgie, I have fished it a few times after John Sidley pass away in early 90's?and caught quite a few pike in Terry Lake which is now a syndicate members only. I think there is only a handful of pike in there nowdays and are not worth fising for them because the weight is very low indeed

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Anyone know of any good pike stretches on the warks avon?? I hear there is some excellent stretches on a day ticket but i dont really know the area to be honest

I was going to do that actually, i am really struggling for a venue on sunday though, who would have thought it would be so bloomin difficult to find somewere? Is coombe abbey as hard as it looks??

I was going to do that actually, i am really struggling for a venue on sunday though, who would have thought it would be so bloomin difficult to find somewere? Is coombe abbey as hard as it looks??

Yes and No -it is very hard unless you fancy a zander in your catch. There are some good pike in the water but prepare for a very long walk from the car park!

Yes Budgie, I have fished it a few times after John Sidley pass away in early 90's?and caught quite a few pike in Terry Lake which is now a syndicate members only. I think there is only a handful of pike in there nowdays and are not worth fising for them because the weight is very low indeed

Theres plenty of Pike and Zander in the Avon at Stratford, Try Lucy's Mill in Strtaford on Avon, it about £3.50 day ticket (if anyone comes to collect it), dead baits between the Weirs on the corners for Pike or near the bridge the other end, or find the deeper water midriver for the Z,s.

Lure fishing can be good, when the river has fined down a bit, best time of year as many of the snags are washed out (dont fish lures to close to the weirs as there are a lot of snags unless your prepared to lose a few)

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

The rivers are pretty much a no-go for pike at the mo, yes they`re there and yes you`ll catch them but if you`re not familiar with a stretch then its best to wait for the levels to drop a bit.

Why not have a look at:

Patshull (I`d give them a call first though it should be open for piking by now)

Napton

Chasewater

Patshull may be a bit of a jaunt but its a lovely water and one I`ve had a few 20s out of over the years.

wolf.gif

Patshull Park fisheries - prepare for many blanked session! Only a couple of good pegs and you have to get there very early to get these pegs!

Patshull Park fisheries - prepare for many blanked session! Only a couple of good pegs and you have to get there very early to get these pegs!

72 acres, believe me theres a lot more than two decent swims. If you`re bank fishing then the last swim on the dam side can be good but anywhere in the Lodge Bay can and does produce. A couple of years ago the first spot down by the bridge was by far and away the best spot but only for one winter.

The Point swim can fish as its a brilliant area when the fish are on the move, a bait on the first shelf and one at the bottom is the way to go.

Just round from that theres the sunken trees, guaranteed to be holding fish.

If you`re on a boat then drifting the Lodge Bay on the right wind can be great as can fishing the dam bank trees. A large shoal of roach settles in the middle of the bay in the winter, get a Smartcast on the go, find them then suspend deaddies around the shoal.

Then.....you`ve got the reedbed and the Plants Neck (good pick up point at the bottom of the shelf in front of the swim). Actually the shelf that runs from the Plants Neck across to the Oaks is well worth spending some time on, the pike use it as a roadway up to the shallows.

In front of the hotel in the small bay is virtually guaranteed to give you a jack at least. Anchor up just as the bank curves into the golfers bay and drift a livey around, this can produce.

Right at the back end (just so long as no carpers are up there) go past the island and fish the shallows. The fish get there ready for spawning and the males arrive first so the longer you leave it the more chance of a big female arriving in the area.

Ok, Patshull hasn`t seen a better year than 1989 but big fish do come off every winter. Its slow, its hard work but its one hell of a buzz when the float goes off.

Put the work in and the results follow.

wolf.gif

Hi all, it has been ages since i posted but was wondering if any of the members had fished kingsbury water park for the pike? I am going sunday and was hoping someone may have some info on the place, which lake for a start!

You have PM

Dave

PAC RO - Birmingham Region 1 www.Brum-Pikers.co.uk

Internet Officer - National Anguilla Club www.nationalanguillaclub.co.uk

Very Average Blog - www.PredatorAngling.co.uk