MRSA Claims

Elton

Just been reading this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6148546.stm

With the NHS is such dire straits, I can't help thinking that what it really needs now is a load of parasitic lawyers leeching every last drop of cash out of it to pay for their luxury homes, sports cars and lavish lifestyles. Great :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton, the NHS, Schools etc are short of cash because WE are financing Tony's two hobbies - Iraq and Afghanistan. We are not allowed to see those figures!! My own personal opinion is that if we did see them, he would be hung for treason!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Elton, the NHS, Schools etc are short of cash because WE are financing Tony's two hobbies - Iraq and Afghanistan. We are not allowed to see those figures!! My own personal opinion is that if we did see them, he would be hung for treason!

Kleinboet, I know this is your favourite hobby horse at the moment, but do you always have to wheel it out as an explanation for all the ills of this country? The NHS has been short of cash for as long as I've worked for it (35 years) and the causes are many and various.

I disagree with our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan as much as you do, but governments can always find the money for such ventures because they don't spend all our taxes on health and education. How big the "contingency" or "slush" fund is, I've no idea, but it must be huge.

As far as NHS cash flow is concerned, things are really screwed up.

But what about my situation, my company have private medical health care with Bupa so i dont need to use NHS.

This is where things i get angry..... I have to pay £250 a year to the tax man for not using the NHS, because he says its a benefit, the way i see it he should be paying me not for taking up NHS resources! :angry:

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

As far as NHS cash flow is concerned, things are really screwed up.

But what about my situation, my company have private medical health care with Bupa so i dont need to use NHS.

This is where things i get angry..... I have to pay £250 a year to the tax man for not using the NHS, because he says its a benefit, the way i see it he should be paying me not for taking up NHS resources! :angry:

The answer to that one is that private health providers don't get involved in emergency care. If, for example, you're involved in an RTA and have to undergo urgent surgery, the NHS is there to provide it.

Ok point taken on using the emergency services, but that is what i am meant to pay part of my national insurances for, but once i am in hospital BUPA will take over, when they find my BUPA card in my wallet

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

The answer to that one is that private health providers don't get involved in emergency care. If, for example, you're involved in an RTA and have to undergo urgent surgery, the NHS is there to provide it.

Davy

Private Health Care does not much soil its hands in the costs of training health professionals either, but it will reap the rewards of the government sponsored trained staff.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Davy

Private Health Care does not much soil its hands in the costs of training health professionals either, but it will reap the rewards of the government sponsored trained staff.

Tony

True enough. I think we get a pretty good deal for our money from the NHS. BUPA's fine if you want to jump the queue to get your varicose veins done.

The whole system is screwed up.....!

Many Doctors & surgens & other NHS staff work 3 days a week for the NHS & 2 for private medical health firms earning 3 times the money, which in turn backs up the NHS.

My daughter works for Nuffield private hospital in Southampton, she gets sent NHS patients from Southampton general hospital to help with getting the queues down.

It wouldn`t surprise me if these NHS patients are actually seeing the same Doctors/surgens as they would in Southampton general but at double the cost

Edited by melpen

I suppose thinking about it, if we had no Private medical health care in this country then the NHS might be better off