Phone & broadband charges

Colin Brett

I was talking to a friend in Germany yesterday and he told me his phone and broadband package [inc calls] for a month is €30!!! :blink: That's around £20

He's on a 16MB connection as well.

My phone bill alone is £25 with 2MB broadband at £17.99. :(

Do you think we/me are being overcharged??

Colin

Edited by Colin Brett

Since i went with AOL for phone (all calls to 01 & 02 numbers free 24/7) and broadband for £17.98 per month.

i save £40.00 + per quarter and thats taking into account paying line rental to bt :thumbs:

Edited by les middy

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

I received a letter from my isp (tiscali) earlier this week, they are about to offer ulimited broadband (8mb) plus free line rental and evening and weekend calls for £19.99 a month! :)

My current offer is £14.99 a month for the broadband plus about £11.00 for the line rental so i think i'll probably go for the offer when it goes live, should save at least a tenner a month.

Plus the best bit, i get to dump bt. :clap2:

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

I have already got my Tiscali down to £12.99 inc free evening and wekend calls ( I can only get up to 1meg)

But I will take up the offer of £19.99 to include line rental..

I find that 1meg is plenty fast enough for me anyway :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Not only do we get taken for a ride with prices here, but they complexity of options and combinations is utterly ridiculous.

Really we want a deal which gives Broadband Internet of at least 8Mb with unlimited use and a phone line that allow all calls for a fixed monthly charge, including to mobiles and 08* numbers.

Until we get that, I feel we are being mercilessly ripped off.

I was talking to a friend in Germany yesterday and he told me his phone and broadband package [inc calls]for a month is €30!!! blink.gif That's around £20

He's on a 16MB connection as well.

My phone bill alone is £25 with 2MB broadband at £17.99. sad.gif

I get my 16mB broadband connection from Germany cost me £9.00p a month :sun:

Downside--cost me £400 for the satellite hardware :headhurt:

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

Guest Ferret1959

Well I just signed up to the next package on my Freeserve, Wanadoo Orange BB and will now get wireless BB, free phone calls and an extra 'phone' line for another 2 quid a month. :D

Edited by Ferret1959

Well I just signed up to the next package on my Freeserve, Wanadoo Orange BB and will now get wireless BB, free phone calls and an extra 'phone' line for another 2 quid a month. :D

Wireless BB ........ Wayhay and your neighbours will get it too!! ;):)

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Guest Ferret1959
Wireless BB ........ Wayhay and your neighbours will get it too!! ;):)

Dan

Only one with w/less near me but he ain't gonna get any cos he don't share his password. :D :D

I won't be sharing mine either. ;)