Phone & broadband charges

Colin Brett

My phone bill alone is £25 with 2MB broadband at £17.99. :(

Do you use Skype for your calls?

1 Euro per hour to any landline in loads of countries.

Call another Skype user for absolutely ZILCH!

I had 2Mb for £19.99 but took up an offer of 'up to 8Mb' for £17.99 but only got 2.3Mb due to some sort of line problem, perhaps the extension lead that I use.

If you have a Rate Adaptive connection (e.g. 'UP TO #Mb), try disconnecting for at least 5 minutes at least once a day, including switching off your router if you use one.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Tele2 in France

Telephone Line (no standing charge at all)

Free calls to all Mainland France

Free international calls to 31 countries

20MB ADSL (totally uncapped)

Wireless Router

TV decoder. All the French TNT Channels(Like our Freeview) 34 free channels plus a further 17 subscription (these cost more)

30 Euros a month for the lot

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Tele2 in France

Wireless Router

TV decoder. All the French TNT Channels(Like our Freeview) 34 free channels plus a further 17 subscription (these cost more)

Cory!! You got the number mate?? I got signed up with French Tele but was told about this and was told it was an addon to FT?? And NOT a standalone system??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I was talking to a friend in Germany yesterday and he told me his phone and broadband package [inc calls] for a month is €30!!! :blink: That's around £20

He's on a 16MB connection as well.

My phone bill alone is £25 with 2MB broadband at £17.99. :(

Do you think we/me are being overcharged??

Colin

Yes I do :)

We were paying £25 phone and £21.99 for a 1mb broadband connection.

Talk-Talk ( ignore the bad press, we have not had any problems at all ).

We now pay £20.99 which includes phone line, 8mb broadband and unlimited calls not only in the UK but Europe, Australia and the USA.

Excellent service all round.

Alan.

Tele2 in France

Wireless Router

And guess who sold em their system?

Yes `BT` :wallbash:

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

There are so many packages out there to suit every user, and there needs and costs..

I have my comp and the wife has hers, both on 8megs..we are with BT, who i beleive keep up with the latest updates, upgrades, new stuff that seems to come out all the time..

Im happy to pay that bit extra, because, as soon as they bring something new out, i upgrade and just end the previous contract, and start a new years contract...so i always have the latest broadband speeds, and routers or what ever...

I think in this day and age, you have to look at what you want, as with mobile phones and contracts...

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

There are so many packages out there to suit every user, and there needs and costs..

I have my comp and the wife has hers, both on 8megs..we are with BT, who i beleive keep up with the latest updates, upgrades, new stuff that seems to come out all the time..

Im happy to pay that bit extra, because, as soon as they bring something new out, i upgrade and just end the previous contract, and start a new years contract...so i always have the latest broadband speeds, and routers or what ever...

I think in this day and age, you have to look at what you want, as with mobile phones and contracts...

sean

I would not touch BT witha a barge-pole as far as ADSL goes. I have a demon account. Got uypgraded the other day from 2MB to 8MB and it did not cost me a penny, I just got an email one morning advising me to reboot my router.

Whilst on the subject if you have one of these silly usb modem thing then ditch it and get a proper dsl router, and avoid AOL like the plague.

And guess who sold em their system?

Yes `BT` :wallbash:

Eh? You'll need to explain that one to me. I don't see what BT has got to do with either, Tele2 nor France Telecom.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Eh? You'll need to explain that one to me. I don't see what BT has got to do with either, Tele2 nor France Telecom

BT wrote the software, developed the system, put it all together, then decided for what ever reason not to use it.

Then somehow it got sold to the French & now is the back bone of their system. The French managed to re-develop it, with some add bits and pieces of their own.

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

BT wrote the software, developed the system, put it all together, then decided for what ever reason not to use it.

Then somehow it got sold to the French & now is the back bone of their system. The French managed to re-develop it, with some add bits and pieces of their own.

I am sorry my friend but I think you are mistaken. What 'software' are you talking about?

You seem to be under the impression that ADSL was the fruit of the loins of BT, but it was not.

ADSL was invented in 1992 by a team from Stanford University, their names Professor

John Cioffi and his students, Drs. Jacky Chow, Peter Chow,Minnie Ho, and Huling Lou.