make all weapons legal

s_mac

We have had many posts about weapons, i think they should all be banned, shot guns, pistols, knives and the likes.

But listening to the radio on the way home from work, and hearing how someone had been on there way home from workm or place of interest had been killed for something, there wallet, watch, car, or just some one breaking into there house, that sort of thing.

It got me thinking. let us all carry a weapon, it may give us a 50/50 chance of life, the way the law is, we as law abiding people, come up against these thugs have a 0 percent chance of survival.

Why should these thugs now have the upper hand, they break the law, kill you, take a chance on getting caught.. but the innocent guy, has lost his life, and has no future, because he abidded by the law, went about his work to support his family and children.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all of us would like to live in a world where we didn't have to consider carrying weapons but unfortunately in this increasingly violent society it may be the only way to as ferret says "level the playingfield" especially as a lot of violent assaults aren't cases of one on one but cowardly group attacks on single individuals, a friend of mine in his fifties was mugged by two thugs and managed to escape serious injury only by stabbing one in the neck with his car keys which made the stabbed muggers brave mate run for it yelling "he's got a blade" leaving his injured friend behind.

We have had many posts about weapons, i think they should all be banned, shot guns, pistols, knives and the likes.

But listening to the radio on the way home from work, and hearing how someone had been on there way home from workm or place of interest had been killed for something, there wallet, watch, car, or just some one breaking into there house, that sort of thing.

It got me thinking. let us all carry a weapon, it may give us a 50/50 chance of life, the way the law is, we as law abiding people, come up against these thugs have a 0 percent chance of survival.

Why should these thugs now have the upper hand, they break the law, kill you, take a chance on getting caught.. but the innocent guy, has lost his life, and has no future, because he abidded by the law, went about his work to support his family and children.

sean

So carry a weapon then, If anyone really feels that their life was at risk, or their family, then I would. But I dont feel my life is at risk, in fact I never think that, do you?

I think all of us would like to live in a world where we didn't have to consider carrying weapons but unfortunately in this increasingly violent society it may be the only way to as ferret says "level the playingfield" especially as a lot of violent assaults aren't cases of one on one but cowardly group attacks on single individuals, a friend of mine in his fifties was mugged by two thugs and managed to escape serious injury only by stabbing one in the neck with his car keys which made the stabbed muggers brave mate run for it yelling "he's got a blade" leaving his injured friend behind.

That's all well and good but in this country, had the car keys been say a fishing knife, he could well have been up in court charged with GBH or the like, even though he was acting in self defence and that to my mind is absurd.

Rob.

That's all well and good but in this country, had the car keys been say a fishing knife, he could well have been up in court charged with GBH or the like, even though he was acting in self defence and that to my mind is absurd.

Rob.

I agree, my mate didn't hang around to find out what was going to happen next, he ran in the opposite direction to the one mugger and didn't stop until he was back at the hotel he was staying in at the time.

he didn't report the incident to the police as in his words " they probably would have nicked me first and tried to catch the thugs later."

It got me thinking. let us all carry a weapon, it may give us a 50/50 chance of life,

sean

I want better odds than that, I've managed to reach my mid-fifties without being attacked, ever, that includes spending my first 38 years in London.

How long will it be under your new system before everyone is taking pre-emptive action?

Sounds like total anarchy to me, well I could handle that, but the escalation will be frightening, maybe I should start with an armoured vehicle and just shoot everyone I see just in case they shoot me first, (put a big label on your family Sean and I'll try and give them a fighting chance).

Sounds like Utopia for a few on here.

How long will it be under your new system before everyone is taking pre-emptive action?

Why on earth would they ? In countries like America where people can carry guns they don't all go around blowing each other away. I like to think the people in this country are at least as 'well behaved' as our friends across the pond.

Rob.

Rabbit, it would appear to me that you don't read any newspapers or watch the news on television!

EVERY DAY there are items in the news about yobs attacking people from all walks of life, even old pensioners in a wheelchair! And you don't think you or your family is in danger, I think you are sticking your head in the sand!

Most other people (politicians excepted) realise there IS a problem.

" a friend of mine in his fifties was mugged by two thugs and managed to escape serious injury only by stabbing one in the neck with his car keys which made the stabbed muggers brave mate run for it yelling "he's got a blade" leaving his injured friend behind." As you see these thugs soon run when the odds are not in their favour.

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Hi all

id be one for that kinda playing field.

ive never been attacked but came close once or twice while living in folkstone,i had two guys follow me and the misses along the seafront and they prepared to DO us when they noticed i had seen them DOH!

ive taken 3 at once and 2 was nowt knife or not(self trained and sharp as a owl)

once id given a glare and smiled they changed there minds and dissapear`d.

not the first time ive been in that spot and tbh if i was armed id probably have only drawn and pointed but not fired(i do have some heart)but if they had tried it on id have made them a distant memory:)

in this day and age its not the thugs screwing us its the law letting the scum have rights in the first place(with respects to us hurting the attacker that is )self defence etc

i say load up and lets go hunting:)joke hehe

i know what id have,two nice visable berretas holsterd to my side

but back to the real world where it sucks,this would open the flood gates to road rage etc etc and the only differance being we could shot who ever cut us up:)(not good)

im moving to texas and getting a big ass hand cannon(legally of course:)

this country has become a joke where the rich get richer and we get dead

i say shot em dead and they cannot sue us for nowt(then stick a knife in your arm and say self defence:):)

if they can srew the system then why carnt we.

lets go wild west on there ass

sg:)

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg