make all weapons legal

s_mac

There is talk on this thread of the UK "falling into anarchy" if the right to carry a gun was reinstated!

Can I ask- Why didn't we fall into anarchy BEFORE guns were banned. All the banning of guns has done is give the low lifes, law breakers etc. an advantage over the law abiding public. Whether firearms are legal or not, these lifeforms will use them and because we are legally not allowed to, too bad!

If this country would/could make prisons prisons and not holiday camps, and give fair justice to all - which means the little rrrrrrsewipe that stabs someone for their mobile be given at least 10years BEFORE he is eligible for parole, you would see a dramatic drop in both crime and prison population!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Rabbit doesn't know who his mother and father are and so has no elderly relations to worry about.

There are people about in that position, in the minority of course!

By the time I was 30, I don't think I had any close relatives over the age of 50. Perhaps 1 cousin! No parents of any age!

For what its worth my father died at age 59, my mother is still alive aged 83. The rest of what you say I dont understand, perhaps you can enlighten me?

Why on earth would they ? In countries like America where people can carry guns they don't all go around blowing each other away. I like to think the people in this country are at least as 'well behaved' as our friends across the pond.

Rob.

Are you sure, wasn't it only last week in New York that a guy got shot dead the day before his wedding, Cops pumped 50 rounds at him and his friends. I'm damn sure I dont want that sort of gun culture imported over here.

Edited by Rabbit

Are you sure, wasn't it only last week in New York that a guy got shot dead the day before his wedding, Cops pumped 50 rounds at him and his friends. I'm damn sre I dont want that sort of gun culture imported over here.

Too late that gun culture is already here it wasn't too long ago london police pumped seven rounds into the head of charles de menezes at point blank. i'm am not saying this was an unjustified killing, in the situation those police were put in with the poor intelligence they had been given and knowing that shooting to the body of a suicide bomber can have catastrophic results they did what they felt they had to to ensure public safety and as most people will never be put in that position i feel it is unfair to criticise the individual officers on calls like that.However the point is if you cannot trust the police with firearms then in your theory they should be disarmed and if the police why not the army as well, afterall there have been many cases of soldiers killing the wrong people over the years, so why let soldiers have guns let them use harsh language instead then i'm sure all the criminals will put down their weapons stopping assaulting people and we can all sleep safely in our beds again but then again maybe not after all this is the real world.

Too late that gun culture is already here it wasn't too long ago london police pumped seven rounds into the head of charles de menezes at point blank. i'm am not saying this was an unjustified killing, in the situation those police were put in with the poor intelligence they had been given and knowing that shooting to the body of a suicide bomber can have catastrophic results they did what they felt they had to to ensure public safety and as most people will never be put in that position i feel it is unfair to criticise the individual officers on calls like that.However the point is if you cannot trust the police with firearms then in your theory they should be disarmed and if the police why not the army as well, afterall there have been many cases of soldiers killing the wrong people over the years, so why let soldiers have guns let them use harsh language instead then i'm sure all the criminals will put down their weapons stopping assaulting people and we can all sleep safely in our beds again but then again maybe not after all this is the real world.

My theory? All I am saying is the public should not have the right to carry a firearm??? That statement is born out of common sense. Thankfully the vast amount of people in this country believe that also, you are very much in the minority. Just add this want to a very long list of things that we will never see or the return of:

Capitol Punishment

Hunting With Dogs

Banning of Angling

Briitol Rovers in the Premiership

BNP Forming a Government

Feel free to add some of your own :)

I started this post, after having a discussion with someone, about them being able to train to shoot pistols in the 2012 olympics.

I was quite strong on my views, maybe memeory and haste, clouded my judgement. To that person i appologise, and i would at this time glady sign your petition to the government....I am happy to say i was wrong.

reading alot of the posts, but not all i admit, there seems to be a trend in that by defending yourself with a weapon will be breaking the law...and many have said that would lead to all sorts of things..

I thought the same. and after a while, and thinking things through, i would be happy to give myself a chance of life, even if it meant 15 years in jail to stay alive, to see my children and grand children...should i not be armed, then i have no chance at seeing that....also, as some of you have said, you have lived 40 years without a threat, im very happy for....but what if tomorrow, it came about...being armed would only come into effect, if your challenged, if your not, your weapon, and a law abiding person would not come into it....

So i ask you this...

Go up against a thug, with a weapon and an equal chance as him.

Go up against a thug, with no weapon, and a 0 percent chance

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

People who shoot, would rather lose their driving license than do something that meant losing their gun license.

Having a gun license makes you think twice about letting someone wind you up enough to chin them and so lose your license.

You only have to be found to have, amongst other things, intemperate habits and that is an excuse to lose your license. A 2nd drink and drive offence is enough usually.

Give a keen shooter a license and they will behave better than most people because he has something to lose.

I usually came 8th in the county when target pistol shooting was allowed.

Anybody who wants to play soldiers and police, doing what they call 'practical shotgun', should join up and do it for real.

Paintballing just teaches people to point guns at other people and should be discouraged.

A local Wemouth chap was accosted by some yobs one night on his way home.

"What have you got for us?" They said.

"I got this." He sad, and hit the biggest one over the head with a plastic carrier bag that contained a jar of marmalade!

Job Done! No more trouble!

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Weapons don't kill people - People kill people!

It doesn't matter what weapons are banned, if someone is intent on killing someone, they will. I read somewhere recently that the common screwdriver is the most used implement for killing!

Laws are for keeping honest people in line.

Garth.

Guest Ferret1959
Weapons don't kill people - People kill people!

It doesn't matter what weapons are banned, if someone is intent on killing someone, they will. I read somewhere recently that the common screwdriver is the most used implement for killing!

Laws are for keeping honest people in line.

Garth.

Ban people, tis the only answer.

Just to get off the subject and a few minutes doing something else have a look at this film clip.

HERE

Hi all

yor right guns dont kill people do!(unless your a kind soul and just aim for the nuts)

a weapon can be anything and just carving a bow and arrow is easy enough so i still say we should be LICENSE ALLOWED to carry:)

look at shotgun licenses we have to pass a police home visit to keep a shotgun(rather weak checks but hey

im one in many that dispite saying they would like to be armed would rather not use it but we still would like the choice if confronted with someone who doesnt care eitherway

times havnt changed that much since the wild west,only now its easier to be caught for gunning someone down.

plus for crims instead of hanging its a cosey life with your xbox.(real detterant that!!

the prisons are soft and life dont mean life and even IF it did id be ok ill get a PS2 this year(whats next years lags list:)

and ontop the victim is still dead and the familys still suffer!!level the playing field and maybe if the crim just loses a leg he has sufferd something(not enough but something

sg

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg