What is this ?

Andy_1984

Some sort of fungus id guess but I havnt seen this particular one. no other signs of it on other fish I only noticed it because I seen him scratch. its bright white, hard looking, not furry or fibrous, its more toothpaste/puss like in appearance, also looks to be under the skin/sales.

Photo:

DSCF4293.jpg

he has behaved excellently btw since their stretch in solitary while I was decorating.......

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

It sounds like carp pox, but while it's hard to tell from the photo, it doesn't really look like it. Could be a little injury or a parasite. I think for now I would wait and see.

Lympho can express itself in a range of ways, not always in the classic "cauliflower" growths. Could also be a bacterial infection in a scale pocket.

True. And while I know they can get it, I've never seen it on a tench. Might present differently.

Had a good look just now and the area around the white thing is raised and from what i can make out looking a bit aggitated but only very slightly. its defo coming from under the skin. Its not as hard as id thought as it easily moved when he brushed against a leaf.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk