Targets for 2007

Martin Hurst

A weaver fish - I've heard they make excellent eating (greater or lesser, I'm not sure?)

Oh yeah, and tope, conger, gar, cod(maybe this year still), and I'd like to see a Sun fish while watching Richi and Phooey doing synchronised kayak ski-ing behind a couple of porgies :D

:clap::clap::D:clap::clap:

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a fabulous year its been for uk kayak fishing . A never ending stream of newcomers to the sport , some great meets up and down the country and of course some big fish including that skate and some cracking Tope up here in Wales!! :)

Size isnt always best and i've set myself some targets for the new year .

Obviously Tope still rate high on the agenda , but i'd love to get any of the following probably on my trips to the Lakes!!

A Charr , or a vendace ( only in Bassenthwaite and Derwentwater ) or even a schelly !!

Record Schelly caught at Haweswater (I think!) 1986

schelly.jpg

certainly quarry worthy of the yaker!!

Whats your Target next year??

Getting a line in the water

my targets are to catch more fish (not that bothered by species although would like to give the tope a bash) do a couple of tours on the yak(these are being planned as we speak) but mostly just to have fun and stay safe. :)

My targets for 2007 where do I begin.

Fish

Tope, Blue Shark, Yellowfin Tuna, a big Bass, a big Pollack, an edible size Cod, Smoothhound, Spurdog and a Conger. Oh and to take photo's of the person who catches a Porgie :D

Non fishing, to paddle my big butt into shape to do the Pembs coast trip and to climb the 3 peaks of England, Scotland and Wales in 3 day's.

1 last one is to catch a Pike from Coniston from the yak when I go back for a week next Autumn.

Not sure if there will be enough time for all that but will give it a good go.

Hey GB

Researching the Coniston pike at the moment! asking the locals where / when / how and trying to get clued up and go and have a go :yeah: if ya fancy some company give us a shout :) Did you do your trip up here by the way mate?................Dave

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

Dave , check out http://www.lakedistrictfishing.net/ go to the links section and put up the handmade floats page. The venues link on there has two great pike possibilities in Rydal and grasmere. I've emailed them asking for permission to get the yak out!! As you know there quite small waters but pike to 30lb with loads of 7-10lbers!! :)

Ok Prowler 13

Hey GB

Researching the Coniston pike at the moment! asking the locals where / when / how and trying to get clued up and go and have a go :yeah: if ya fancy some company give us a shout :) Did you do your trip up here by the way mate?................Dave

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

It's a 7-8 hr drive for me with the yak on so when I do come back it will be for a proper bash at it.

I did get up there yes. It was fantastic. Pm'd you with a summary :thumbs:

GB

Dave , check out http://www.lakedistrictfishing.net/ go to the links section and put up the handmade floats page. The venues link on there has two great pike possibilities in Rydal and grasmere. I've emailed them asking for permission to get the yak out!! As you know there quite small waters but pike to 30lb with loads of 7-10lbers!! :)

Rydal and Grassmere look ideal, and they are in a stunning area I was spellbound when I was there.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

For 2007>

Mullet (again), Ray and bigger Pollock and Bass on lighter float tackle.

Who cares really just want the weather to let me fish!

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Yeeehhaaaa 30lb pike, god not for my first one :lol: was hoping for more like 2lb or so :blink: Grasmere is superb though, all the years I have been walking around there I have NEVER seen a yak on it, but I believe you can!!! sooooooooo! ha ha. Let me know what they say Martin! I kayak on Wastwater a lot and its just me normally, they say no more than 15 at a time but nobody has EVER approached me on there! ha ha. I was there a few weeks back and the fish were leaping out (young uns) I wonder if there are pike in there??? A bloke around here said where there are course fish there are pike! Wonder if thats true?.

Would be great to meet up for a pike meet, and I should be able to get to some of the other meets soon as we have a house sitter sorted out for next summer :yeah::yeah:

Will keep my eyes peeled on this thread mate :)

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Looks like there's room for a couple of yaks on there Martin :yeah:

Grasmere

post-6361-1165188862_thumb.jpg