Vehicle Manuals

Andy_1984

trying to find manuals or any reading materials for vehicles, more specific is a vauxhall astra estate 1996

few minor probs id like to try and read on like electrical, right headlamp is dull when in the dipped mode but is alright when in full beam, some dash board lights dont come on but its all suspect to dampnes gonna run engine for a few hours a day see if that sorts it. also getting alot of water under the pedals and same on the passanger side, somthin some silicon will fix but ive no idea where its coming from.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

generally dull lights are a bad earth and water has a great way of taking the most indirect route and are difficult to trace ,your best bet for a manual is a car boot or browse any web forums for the particular maker ,if its a stock fault then plenty of references will be there to find.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

cheers chester, finding it hard to get any info on any of the above, i keep getting astras for sale :mellow:

try putting "vauxhall forum" in the search box :rolleyes:

heres one but for older versions ,remember brand new cars like yours dont have the publics enthusiasm like old versions (or rather strange peoples sympathy) maybe (but i doupt it) in 10 years time modern look alike cars will have a following if ofcourse theres any left :rolleyes:

http://www.astra-mk2.com/index.php

the days of modern classic cars unless they already are new are becoming scarce ,the car is just a car today a commodity that rarely rises in value and basically are disposable units of movement. your maker has a bad reputation in older readers eyes having great rust problems in older vehicles and a certain way of spotting a vauxaull 30 years ago was the spreading brown bits as they passed :D

i remember 30 years ago going with a friend to look at an opal manta? in a garage ,though brand new and never been on the road rust was already seen in places :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

try putting "vauxhall forum" in the search box :rolleyes:

heres one but for older versions ,remember brand new cars like yours dont have the publics enthusiasm like old versions (or rather strange peoples sympathy) maybe (but i doupt it) in 10 years time modern look alike cars will have a following if ofcourse theres any left :rolleyes:

http://www.astra-mk2.com/index.php

The astra, nova are all the same, apart from the shape really...of that age..., first the water, have a look under the bonet, where the wiper motor is housed, there are drain off holes on the top of the wings, check these are not blocked with leaves and stuff,, but be careful when putting your hand down to check, if there has been a shattered or broken windscreen in the past, it will do your fingers in, so use a cloth round you hand to start...

As for the electrical side, with your lights..first of all, before trying to dry it with engine heat, what i would do is nick a hair drier, and blow that on your lights for a while, inside, and on the housing that holds your bulbs..

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Hi

andy has your wagon got a heater matrix?

just a shot in the dark as volvo480 models have similar symptoms where the heater matrix springs a leak plus having problems with water in the back due to rear clusters being shite(nice but age badly)

id check for it behind the dash around the middle console but depends on the wagon i suppose:)

as for manuals if you find someplace/site let me know cos the damn safrane ive got isnt easy to find.

good luck mate i just thought id rant and see if any helpfulness comes out:):)

steve

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

sold that car yet? even £100 would help ;)

havent tried your scenario yet i found settlers latest so playing that :D

Ive got an astra saloon haynes manual, can copy you any bits you want. Leaks could be around the screen, the sun roof drain, any rust holes? does it only kleak when driven? if so check the inner wheel arches. Also check the area under the bonnet where the blower is that often fills up because the drain hose get blocked. Finally just hope its not the heater matrix, took one out once a right pain in the arse!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

think the water was down to my boots, although it was a lot of water i never thought would come off yer boots, guess its cause the waters no were to go realy, as for electrics think its down to the fuses located somewhere under the hood, somedays most of the electrics work, other days they dont :blink:

sitting in the car with the engine tickin over to dry it, i turn engine off to go under the hood, start it up again and suddenly the windscreen wipers and windows start working, engine off again then back on and they stop working, its a weird one for sure, and i aint getting any feed back from any of the dials ( engine temp, dashboard lights ) some of the dash lights work like indicators but thats all

btw i aint driving this car anywhere yet, it aint even insured or taxed, january i hope to have it all fixed.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk