Is EBAY regulated by anyone?

Chris Goddard

Or is it JUST the companies they own under a corporate banner? I believe they DO offer Financial service as they operate a credit account for the fees. But I am not an expert and I DO have an axe to grind!! :)

Basically they are THREATENING me with legal action to recover a debt for which they have already repaid the money owed for a PART used Subscription. :huh:

Had the usual 32 answers and 30 of those are identical except they are now saying the amount has risen at it is now 2 months I owe!! Total sum is less than £10 but I am really ready to take these saddoes on!! Only problem being it will be THEY who have to haul me into court I suppose?? :blink:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Or is it JUST the companies they own under a corporate banner? I believe they DO offer Financial service as they operate a credit account for the fees. But I am not an expert and I DO have an axe to grind!! :)

Basically they are THREATENING me with legal action to recover a debt for which they have already repaid the money owed for a PART used Subscription. :huh:

Had the usual 32 answers and 30 of those are identical except they are now saying the amount has risen at it is now 2 months I owe!! Total sum is less than £10 but I am really ready to take these saddoes on!! Only problem being it will be THEY who have to haul me into court I suppose?? :blink:

I agree with you chris...i tried to have a discussion regarding stuff that was for sale, that i thought was wrong..my wife is a wet wet wet fan, and a few months ago they released a CD in one of the sunday papers, it was free with the papers...within minutes they were on ebay for £2.00 a shot....when these CD's clearly stated not for resale....

All we got, was that ebay is a meeting place for people to meet and sell items...so is it a meeting place, is there anyhting regulated, and if its just somewhere to meet and sell, why charge, and pay VAT.

Im lost with the whole thing, and im sick of talking to a robot automated response....i would be far happier to phone India these days as the trend seems to go....

Need to phone the bank...just going to call india

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

I agree with you chris...i tried to have a discussion regarding stuff that was for sale, that i thought was wrong..my wife is a wet wet wet fan, and a few months ago they released a CD in one of the sunday papers, it was free with the papers...within minutes they were on ebay for £2.00 a shot....when these CD's clearly stated not for resale....

Free CDs in newspapers, magazines etc are 'not for resale' commercially (i.e. in a shop). If they are traded amongst private individuals I do not believe that any offence is committed.

In response to Chris's original question, I don't believe that ebay are regulated by the FSA.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Chris - take a look at This

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks NEWT, but they are just a BAILIFF! And the one who has been ahnded my accont (I WISH!!) 2 minutes in court is ALL I :clap2: need!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris,

Does it involve PayPal?

I just saw this on the PayPal site:

"PayPal (Europe) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority"

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Unfortunately no!! I have had Pay-Pal twice on that one and they did clean up all they had to!! AND QUICKLY!! Well wortyh following the path if you DO lose money or have a reversal of payment with pay-pal and it is NOT your fault!!

But I spent some 4 hours last night with "Live Help" and they were I ahve to say pretty good!! Sorted NOTHING but nice people!! Couldn't organise the proverbial in a brothel but NICE people!! :blink:

Chris Goddard