Felt sole wader repair

geoff1

I have a pair of Daiwa neoprene chest waders with felt soles which are worn out

Any advice about replaceing the felt soles would be great, like where to buy and how to

fix on the new ones

Thanks

Geoff1

One of the biggest problems is getting the old sole off. With patience and care it can be done with a grinder.

You can buy the set of new soles from any Daiwa dealer, I have found the contact adesive you get with the kit is not very reliable and I use Aqua Sure.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the biggest problems is getting the old sole off. With patience and care it can be done with a grinder.

You can buy the set of new soles from any Daiwa dealer, I have found the contact adesive you get with the kit is not very reliable and I use Aqua Sure.

Thanks for that. The old soles have almost fallen off, so no problem there.

Thanks for the Aqua Sure idea, I have used it for wader repairs ansd will try it with new soles.

I had considered the DIY glue called no nails or similar as they now do a waterproof version,

I have used it around the house and it seems pretty aggressive, does any one have a view on that?

Do yopu apply the Aqua Sure to both or which surface is best

It shouldn't matter. Just make sure you secure the soles onto the boots while it dries. Mine is currently taped up with masking tape. The drying process can take a while.

Regards, Clive

One side is enough but put plenty on. Tape soles to boot until set.

A tip when using Aquasure, it comes out like toothpaste but begins to run when it hits the air.

Wet your finger and run it along (like when your puting silicon on tiles etc), it does work, always lay as flat as possible.

One side is enough but put plenty on. Tape soles to boot until set.

A tip when using Aquasure, it comes out like toothpaste but begins to run when it hits the air.

Wet your finger and run it along (like when your puting silicon on tiles etc), it does work, always lay as flat as possible.

Thanks for the info, re put plenty on.Will one tube be enough to do the job.