Question to the forum: Best Baitrunner Reel?

Julian

Hi all,

Can anybody help with this visitors question to the forum?

The Visitor has been directed to this thread so could any answers / help be posted below. Cheers, Julian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to replace my baitrunner reels and despite reading some reviews I cannot decide between the Shimano XTE A 10000 or the Fox Stratos.

Any advice and opinions would be very welcome. Thanks

John Walker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

For me it's gotta beShimano every time for reels !!!!!

Fox are newbies to the reel market, whereas Shimano are the tried and trusted. Having said that I've heard nothing but good reviews on the Stratos.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I would go for Shimano every time, had mine for over 10 years now and still work as good as new. I keep thinking I will replace them (3) but then think "What for they still do everthing new ones do".

When I do it will be with Shimano's

I should add that I still have my old GT4500's or whatever they are called, plus a 10000 something or other (the one with the metal spool). I also have 3 shimano big pit reels, which are my main reels. I have used daiwa's but I keep coming back to shimano's and I really much rather have proper baitrunners than the conversions.

Rob.

Without doubt, Shimano©®™. :thumbs:

Incidentally, shouldn't the question be "Which reel has the best Free-spool facility?", as we all know how overly protective Shimano©®™ are with regards to their Baitrunner©®™!! ;):D

Garth©®™.

Without doubt, Shimano©®™. :thumbs:

Incidentally, shouldn't the question be "Which reel has the best Free-spool facility?", as we all know how overly protective Shimano©®™ are with regards to their Baitrunner©®™!! ;):D

Garth©®™.

Across the pond here in the states, my preference is Shimano also. Cheers

Hiya RONAN. Welcome back.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President