Risk Assessement request to include a drugs and drink policy.

BML

The insurer of the organisation our club rents a lake from has insisted that we draft a Risk Analysis and would like to know if anyone has come across this. I have been asked to include a policy on alcohol and drugs.

Its pretty easy for a club to make rules banning things ,farnham bans both but the drink bit is fairly easy to enforce (if the member is silly enough to have tins lying about or is **** enough to notice) but drugs impossible unless the member acts in some way that makes a bailiff suspicious.

Perhaps the owner has had trouble from the clients involving either or perhaps is using it as an excuse to rent it to a higher bidder?

The owner ofcourse can ask for anything even that the clients hop on one leg going around the venue waters are hard to find nowadays ,you want to use it you hop

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The insurer of the organisation our club rents a lake from has insisted that we draft a Risk Analysis and would like to know if anyone has come across this. I have been asked to include a policy on alcohol and drugs.

Its getting increasingly common. Several pages in club notebooks are now concerned with "drugs policy" "risk assessment" "health and safety policy" "liability insurance" etc etc etc

A couple of examples from a club booklet

"Be aware of oncoming traffic when entering and exiting Club fisheries"

" Access routes, banksides and fishing stations may become slippery with inclement weather"

...and lots more besides, a wearisome catalogue of what ought to be common sense - anyone that actually needs all this advice should not leave their comfort zone without a couple of minders and a wet nurse !

At the root of it is the desire of insurance companies to pocket premiums and weasel out of any claims - and the spread of the "compensation culture" whereby anyone the victim of their own stupidity seeks to blame somebody else.

Its quite easy to put in a "No alcohol, no drugs" rule - lots of places I fish have such rules. I have no problems with complying, just as I will happily have a drink in a bar that has a notice up saying "No soliciting, spitting, swearing, or passing of betting slips"

The irony is that most people do not need to be told all these things, and the few that do will not take any notice anyway.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I'm a retired HR Manager from 1993 so its a few years since I dealt with this sort of thing so I did what I would have done all those years ago only this time instead of writing or telephoning contacts I let my fingers do the walking and found several examples of Risk Assessment and took the best of them to act as a template. Vagabond wrote, "Several pages in club notebooks are now concerned with "drugs policy" "risk assessment" "health and safety policy" "liability insurance" etc etc etc" Could you offer me an example of the alcohol and drugs policy because I see no point in re-inventing the wheel. When I have completed my total risk assessment I will be willing to share it.