pb pike fishing?

topps999

Topps mate i really think you should check out the links the other guys have given you, i can clearly see that you are an enthuastic fisherman, which i great! But if you really care for the fishes welfare then you would take note of these guidlines. Even though pike dolook aggressive and tough, they have really delicate skin due to vibration detetors in the lateral line....

I you want pike to fish for....you have to keep the ones alive which you catch...so they can produce offspring!

And one word of advice....keep to using full words instead of TXT talk....there's a few on here who will get grumppy about that!

Cheers,

Clax

The Clax Will Always Crack

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh the pike did return in great health and we believe the next day wen we went again my m8 had a run but it did snap his line, but he said it looked like the same 1 i had on so alls good

its not all good and it wont be in very good health now if its got 2 trebbles and a wire trace stuck in its mouth, thats going to eventualy make it starve to death, sort your friends out please.

ive seen pike with traces and hooks inside it, they dont look prety, all malnurished and skiny, not an ounce of energy in the poor things and its still trying to feed, luckily a good friend of mine had experience with un doing what people who dont know what they are doing do ( if that makes sence ) otherwise it would have most probably died within a week.

:cry:

no ones getting at ya m8, stick with us and we'l keep ya right, fish welfare first little buddy :thumbs:

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

My personal best is 21 lb 2 oz caught on a sardine on running ledger. The mat the fish is laying on is 43 inches or 1092 mm. The photo is not very good as it was taken in a hurry. I was more concerned about getting it back in the water.

post-7937-1165518356_thumb.jpg

I won't boast about my PB. besides it was over 20 years ago...

But this is from my last trip. 21lb taken on a ledgered deadbait, whole mackerel.

pike.jpg

pike2.jpg

Edited by greg long

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

All a bit gim really isnt it?

Topps see if you can get an experienced piker to take you and (more importantly) your mate out for a day. Not only will you learn how to catch more of these great fish but more importantly how to look after them.

Weve all got to start somewhere! Just that there is so much good information available these days you can easily avoid a lot of basic problems.Take a look at the links Dave has put up.....he knows a couple of things about pike you know!

Your fish certainly isnt as heavy as you thought but it doesnt matter! in fact its a good thing because it will be easier for you to catch a bigger one when you next go out.

Im not a pike expert but have been doing it for a few years now any help I can give just contact me.If you cant get someone to show you the ropes and can get to Kent then I will take you out.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Im not a pike expert but have been doing it for a few years now any help I can give just contact me.If you cant get someone to show you the ropes and can get to Kent then I will take you out.

Budgie, that's a great offer, and, knowing how many pike you catch, if Topps lives anywhere near he should take it up like a shot.

But I'm a bit puzzled why, once he mentioned that his mate got broken up, everyone seems to assume Topps did something wrong!

john clarke