AN Fish- in River Test

Tony U

where were you all at the end though?!

Oh, and there was a big crash on the A34 coming home, so we sat stationary for 2 hours while they sorted that out.

I'm quite glad I left when I did, or I'd have been stuck in that too!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yet again an Anglers Net Fish in turned out to be a great day.Its not just the fishing but the chance to catch up with old members I now think of as friends and meet new ones that I hope will become.

As is often the case on Southern Fish ins Andrew had travelled down to me before the day so we could drive down together.We normally use his estate car due to it being cheaper on fuel. However with the worry of snow etv we thought it would be worth the few extra quid on fuel to take my new Range Rover (erm "new" to me that is! not 54 grands worth new!!!) Really sensible we thought..............untill I discoverd that the heater didnt work!! Got to Timsbury and it was warmer outside than in!

Well other than a bit of wind and a shower it was no where near the bad weather predicted.The dramatic drop in temperature over night to -degrees did affect the fishing a bit though.

Both me and bruv started off on the main river and after a 1 1/4lb Grayling first trot I though we were in for a good day.Had to work unusually hard for a further 5 all around the 8ozs mark! By now the wind had got up and the shower had left me pretty wet. At around miday I needed to attend to a call of nature a sit down job as opposed to a pee (after all as many on the day would tell you I would have simply just done that in my shorts... (private joke for Timsbury warriors only) BTW regardless of temperarture I was still in shorts as promised!

On the walk back along the slow carrier stream I decided to give that a try after my mercy dash was over as least it was more sheltered than the main river.After all if I was struggling to catch 8ozs grayling I might as well be struggling to catch 3lb roach! :rolleyes:

Tried two swims on the carrier first I got one sucked maggot and the second I lost a roach (not a biggie thank God!) in some weed.

As it was nearly end of time I them moved up intending to spend the last hour on the top weir pool...seems most others had the same idea as well! A good chin wag and orgy of bacon roll eating finnished my day nicely!

Thanks to Tony and Sue for organising the day and also to Lynn for driving down just to cook the scoff in her van!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Here, you don't think Bigfoot is really a Grayling angler in a Camo suit do you? That'd explain why he's so flippin large and you can't make him out in dense undergrowth!

Looks like you all had a good day, hope you didn't gett too cold.

Speaking as a camouflaged Bigfoot all I can say is the reason we are so flippin' large is because it take a big hammer to knock in a big nail!! Know what I mean, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

:hammer:

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Sorry for the late report!

Me and Budgie decided to go in his Range Rover just in case if it did snow and later found out the his heater didn't work! By god it was cold in the range rover than being outside! But a word of a advice never ever travel with budgie as seem to have one or two funny odd cravings on some of these Anglernet fish ins these days! First one was a cup of coffee (as don't drink it at home) and secondly a fag! (stopped smoking years ago!) :rolleyes::rolleyes: And by the time we got to the car park at Timsbury he rush to the toilet to relief himself only to find he partly wetted himself! :D:D:D

We both agreed to fish on the main river and by the time we settled down to fish in the rain ( must be the curse of leon) ;) and wind came down. I couldn't see my float as my glasses was covered in rain droplets on the lenses, so got the feeder out.

Had one small grayling on a feeder. Then wandered into the slow carrier but nothing really did work for me as I was constantly getting into all sort of trouble the float rod. :angry: Just one of those days!

A big thanks to Tony and Sue for for organising the day and also to Lynn for driving down just to cook the bacon rolls.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/