wet windy and snapped my pole

stuchef

hi all went out on the canal today to get a practice for wed match, i set myself quite nicely under my umbrella even tied it back started catching pretty steady right from the start perch mainly and skimmers i was quite content seen as i was staying dry and the gales that were blowin i was managing yo stay pretty sheltered behind my brolley, then the day just turned to hell lost a good fish probably a good 2lb perch was only on 8oz breaking strain and i couldnt be bothered re elasticating my pole last night so still have size 14 elastic on so the elastic just put too much pressure on the line then my hook tyer has siezed up from getting wet in my last match so steped off my box to get my reel oil just to loosen it up "disaster strikes" i slipped on the incredibly wet grass i went to steady myself and my whole body weight just went on my pole just on the 5th and 6th section join straight through it i went complete write off arrrggghhhhhh!!!!

its not the first time ive broke poles but by far this is the worst ive done how annoying i think you should be able to get insurance for them my car didnt even cost £1500 yet ive got that insured.

whats the worst people have done to there poles???

tight lines

hi all went out on the canal today to get a practice for wed match, i set myself quite nicely under my umbrella even tied it back started catching pretty steady right from the start perch mainly and skimmers i was quite content seen as i was staying dry and the gales that were blowin i was managing yo stay pretty sheltered behind my brolley, then the day just turned to hell lost a good fish probably a good 2lb perch was only on 8oz breaking strain and i couldnt be bothered re elasticating my pole last night so still have size 14 elastic on so the elastic just put too much pressure on the line then my hook tyer has siezed up from getting wet in my last match so steped off my box to get my reel oil just to loosen it up "disaster strikes" i slipped on the incredibly wet grass i went to steady myself and my whole body weight just went on my pole just on the 5th and 6th section join straight through it i went complete write off arrrggghhhhhh!!!!

its not the first time ive broke poles but by far this is the worst ive done how annoying i think you should be able to get insurance for them my car didnt even cost £1500 yet ive got that insured.

Ooooops, sorry to hear. What pole was it ?? Not sure if I'd spend £1500 on a pole tho, camera kit maybe. It'll take some very serious grovelling to Hev for me to be able to spend that much on a pole, maybe not so much grovelling for the camera kit tho. And defo NO grovelling at all for a trip to the British or a European GP as we're both F1 mad.

Anyway, hope the match goes well - tell us about it Wed night eh.

Yogi. :)

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

hmm, the accidental angler eh heheh,

na that is tough m8, i did the same thing but it turned out to be young son knocked the joints over in my kitchen and lo and behold the 4th and 6th landed on the door step and they broke in two,

luckily my house insurance had accidental damage and as the pole was in my house at the time it was covered, if you get my drift.

failing that you could always take out some over priced fishing insurance that has so many get out clauses that you are only insured if you are in bed asleep with all your fishing gear and a hurricane blows your chimney down and brakes the stuff lol.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Nightmare. You may be able to claim on your insurance. I have all my tackle covered under my home insurance, some companies do this.

Fortunately I have only had to do this once when I smashed my pole. Get your local tackle dealer to give a quote for a replacement section, or if its an old pole get him to say a replacement is no longer available and the price for a similar pole would be £xxx and they paid out with no real problem and because its not a massive amount the premium didn't change.

Its worth a try, lets face it the premiums you pay for home insurance the number of time you actually use it.

By the way if you post what sort of pole it is on here someone may be able to help. They have with me in the past. If someone has a pole like yours who has had a similar problem but with a different section it may be at the back of the garage or in the loft gathering dust.

You never know your luck.

Hope you get sorted.

I was fishing a small inlet near a small bridge (the river was really up) the other week. I was the on the pole, just started. Second cast a flock of ducks flew under the bridge. One of them flew right into my pole and smashed no 4 section. Sections 1,2,3 and half of 4, plus the rig dropped into the water and were swept away by the fast current. I hate ducks. Fortunately it wasn't a really expensive pole.

I was fishing a small inlet near a small bridge (the river was really up) the other week. I was the on the pole, just started. Second cast a flock of ducks flew under the bridge. One of them flew right into my pole and smashed no 4 section. Sections 1,2,3 and half of 4, plus the rig dropped into the water and were swept away by the fast current. I hate ducks. Fortunately it wasn't a really expensive pole.

was the duck ok ?

duck1.jpg

:yeah:

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image