Fish finders

10 brownie points

Guy's

I am shortly going to the USA for a holiday and the last time I was over I managed to visit a Basspro shop (talk about a selection, I was in heaven) if they had shops like that here in Ireland I would take the wife shopping a lot more often. anyway that's getting away from the subject matter ....

where I am going there happens to be similar fishing shops and I was thinking of treating myself to something like a fish finder as they appear to be very good value for money compared to this side of the pond.

I have a 15" O'Sullivan which I use for lake and sea fishing it is a open boat.

(and at last I get to the question)

Can someone give me advise as to which system I should be thinking of buying (vast array available) ...?

I am thinking of something around $200 .....

Some of the systems I am looking at are Humminbird 565, Eagle Fishmark 320 or the Lowrance X96 all advise welcome?????

Rgds

10 Brownie Points

Edited by 10 brownie points

Guy's

I am shortly going to the USA for a holiday and the last time I was over I managed to visit a Basspro shop (talk about a selection, I was in heaven) if they had shops like that here in Ireland I would take the wife shopping a lot more often. anyway that's getting away from the subject matter ....

where I am going there happens to be similar fishing shops and I was thinking of treating myself to something like a fish finder as they appear to be very good value for money compared to this side of the pond.

I have a 15" O'Sullivan which I use for lake and sea fishing it is a open boat.

(and at last I get to the question)

Can someone give me advise as to which system I should be thinking of buying (vast array available) ...?

Some of the systems I am looking at are Humminbird 565, Eagle Fishmark 320 or the Lowrance X96 all advise welcome?????

Rgds

10 Brownie Points

i dont know what size boat you have got but i have just ordered my 3 rd lowrance x51 sounder which is £151.00 which i have compared against all types of makes and different models and you cant beat it they have showed up bass when the birds are working and the display is nice and clear not like most where they are made up of lots of dots the reason why im on my 3rd is because this is my 3 rd boat incase u were wondering why i was on my 3 rd sounder

thanks Osprey I will take a look at that model, the boat is like an open lake boat but designed also for the sea but with no cubby, so I get rained on a lot ... :(:(:(

that would be ideal for you then because mine is an open boat and i have left the sounder ouside on the console of every boat ive had all year round takin all weather conditions and have never had a problem with them

I have a quite old Humminbird. They are well made pieces of kit. If I was in the market for a new one I'd look for one with more display resolution, sacrifice depth (power) if need be. Mine works down to 400ft and I usually fish in less than a tenth of that! Mine is a portable, the transducer just sticks on the transom with a big rubber sucker. It falls off occasionally, but not as often as you might expect.

Guy's

Rgds

10 Brownie Points

G'day mate, look at getting the most pixels for your money such as 320vertical by 320horizontal. Most brands are good and the rate technology is racing, by the time you have bought one, it will be out of date :(

I have a Humminbird Matrix 17, which has 320v by 320h and it is only a cheap one ($365 Aus) compared to some, but it works exceptionally well for my needs.

http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/cat..._Matrix_17.html

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest muttley

No such thing as a fish finder....you are the fish finder...the sonar (sound,navigation and ranging) will tell you if they are where you are looking. I have a lowrance x100c...lovely bit of kit as all lowrance are, would recommend to anyone! :lol:

i dont know what size boat you have got but i have just ordered my 3 rd lowrance x51 sounder which is £151.00 which i have compared against all types of makes and different models and you cant beat it they have showed up bass when the birds are working and the display is nice and clear not like most where they are made up of lots of dots the reason why im on my 3rd is because this is my 3 rd boat incase u were wondering why i was on my 3 rd sounder

http://www.jgtech.co.uk/shop7.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net