MOTORISTS GUARANTEED ‘NO’ SPEEDING FINES

Elton

What side of the fence do you sit on here? Slows people down, or encourages them to speed.....?

http://www.autosportnews.co.uk/Features/Ro...tor_121206.html

And no, I'm not on commission LOL

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What side of the fence do you sit on here? Slows people down, or encourages them to speed.....?

http://www.autosportnews.co.uk/Features/Ro...tor_121206.html

And no, I'm not on commission LOL

IMO it will simply hasten the day when 'average speed camera' areas cover far greater stretches of road than just a few metres, 'cateye' cameras watch all of the time, everywhere, and more mobile units are deployed with good hunting possibilities amongst speeding mororists lured into a false sense of invulnerability because nothing on board is warning of a fixed camera nearby.

Easist path to take is to set your Sat Nav to warn whenever you drift over the local speed limit and drop back down to the legal zone.

The excuse 'I didn't realise my speed had crept up' will become unrealistic in future.

And if all of that doesn't slow the petrol heads down, it will hasten the day when cars 'know' what the local speed limit is and refuse to go above it.

Just like speed bumps, non-compliant motorists wil be the ones who 'vote' for ever more restrictive measures on all of us by excercising their gas pedal.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

im against these things its encourging people to speed, i see these devices as

"speed all you want and then slow down when we warn you of a speed camera"

its just gonna give speeders/boy racers a better chance to speed without being caught, not good for us im affraid

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

im against these things its encourging people to speed, i see these devices as

"speed all you want and then slow down when we warn you of a speed camera"

its just gonna give speeders/boy racers a better chance to speed without being caught, not good for us im affraid

Ahh, but when they put cameras outsite schools forcing everyone to do 20/30mph that would be a good thing IMO.

I am against the cameras placed on open road where there are no accident blackspot or schools though. They are just for making money, nothing else.

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

Ahh, but when they put cameras outsite schools forcing everyone to do 20/30mph that would be a good thing IMO.

I am against the cameras placed on open road where there are no accident blackspot or schools though. They are just for making money, nothing else.

Paul.

no doubt but i think these are aimed more at a warning system for people who dont feel like staying within the speed limit and dont want to get caught

no doubt but i think these are aimed more at a warning system for people who dont feel like staying within the speed limit and dont want to get caught

True, but if it forced idiots to slow down outside my daughters school i think i could cope with them not getting caught.

Paul.

Nah, they aren't speed camera detectors, they are accident black spot detectors warning the driver to take extra care. Since cameras are only ever placed at accident blackspots, and the intention is to make people slow down for the hazard, that's everyone happy, no? :)

Nah, they aren't speed camera detectors, they are accident black spot detectors warning the driver to take extra care. Since cameras are only ever placed at accident blackspots, and the intention is to make people slow down for the hazard, that's everyone happy, no? :)

id have to disagree, they start flashing or beep or some other way to warn you of a camera.

The supplier of the Rossini Navigator & Camera Spotter offers a unique guarantee to pay £60 to ANY motorist that picks up a speeding ticket where no advance warning of the camera is given.
its like a tom tom where it places known camera locations on the map, you can do this with some sat navs by purchasing the software, when you are within a certain distance of a camera it tells you to basicly stop speeding

good for your daughters school piker but what about the rest of the country where there are no speed cameras its basicly letting you break the law, then what happens when some idiot has a crash and kills someone because they were speeding due to thinking woohoo i got a camera detector.

these detectors have been around a while now, go to argos or somthin they sell loads

its not going to stop speeding at all, just help them get away with it because the camera didnt catch them

The driver is alerted with the words ‘beware – watch your speed’. A warning appears on a touch operated screen five hundred metres before any camera. A reminder of the speed limit appears on the screen too.

also i think the hole point of speed cameras is to catch them in the act so they get warned fined or sometimes jailed, now they can get away with all that and never learn their lesson, costing alot of money for erecting the damn things that will be obsulete in a few years if nothing is done about the detectors

Edited by Andy_1984

I did a google on this device and it's not quite what i thought. I assumed it was a GPS with a radar detector, it's not, it's only a database warning of previous sites of speed cameras/red light cameras which is only updated every 3 months.

As for them paying £60.00 if you get a ticket well if you look a little further they only pay out once in the first year of ownership! no more.

I don't think too many will buy it if they take a closer look.

Oh BTW the radar detectors currently sold are about to be made illegal (i can just see it now, a radar detector detector van sitting next to a speed camera trying to catch radar detector user....) :blink:

Paul.

id have to disagree, they start flashing or beep or some other way to warn you of a camera.

Surely not! It beeps and flashes to warn you of an accident blackspot. There might coincidentally be a camera there too, of course, because that's where they put cameras... :P

Actually, that's not quite true. The database on my TomTom includes places where mobile cameras are often used, and as the restriction on the locations of fixed cameras does not apply to mobile one they tend to be found where ever lots of people consider the limit to be below the safe speed for the road. Ironically, this means that they are often found on the safest bits of road, not the most dangerous. I've seen the local scamera vans enforcing the 30mph limit in my village only once. Less than a mile away is a bridge over the dual carriageway, one of their regular haunts. The people doing 40mph down the high street are much more likely to kill someone than the people doing 80 on the dual carriageway, but there are more fines to be raked in sitting on the motorway bridge than outside the local school.