MOTORISTS GUARANTEED ‘NO’ SPEEDING FINES

Elton

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the authorities were really serious about speeding motorists and safety, all vehicles would and should be fitted with speed limit restriction devices. Every town and village should have activation units at the start of every speed limit change so the vehicle is automatically governed down to that speed limit.

Colin :sun:

Surely not! It beeps and flashes to warn you of an accident blackspot. There might coincidentally be a camera there too, of course, because that's where they put cameras... :P

companies are specifically saying cameras not accident hotspots, which i guess is clever sales pitch but in all its still allowing people to cheat the cameras which shouldnt be allowed. manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves for even entertaining the idea of selling devices that allow people to cheat the speed limit.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Guest Ferret1959
If the authorities were really serious about speeding motorists and safety, all vehicles would and should be fitted with speed limit restriction devices. Every town and village should have activation units at the start of every speed limit change so the vehicle is automatically governed down to that speed limit.

Colin :sun:

Dunno why that ain't been done Colin???

Sounds the best idea going.

Dunno why that ain't been done Colin???

Sounds the best idea going.

tell me about it, i think i had once thought of that idea when i was about 14, no idea why they wont do that, plus i think some foriegn country does this already, im sure i seen it on a documentary sometime ago

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I am not sure but I think they are illegal. They certainly are in Ireland, you can get jailed for using a radar detecting device.

Not at all illegal as they do not emit a signal only recieve and warn of a device operating. Speed Cameras are a tax on people, and a method of Police Forces to 'Meet' Govt targets, they do not work as they are never or seldom put in the 'right places'

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."