Gerry Castles

Vidar6

I know Gerry was very respected and had a lot of friends on Anglers Net, and its therfore with a very sad heart I'm letting you all know that Gerry passed away this afternoon at King Hospital in London.

My thoughts is with his family & friends.

Vidar Thomassen

Edited by Vidar6

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Gerry was very respected and had a lot of friends on Anglers Net, and its therfore with a very sad heart I'm letting you all know that Gerry passed away this afternoon at King Hospital in London.

My thoughts is with his family & friends.

Vidar Thomassen

Gerry was a really good friend to me, suppporting me through all of my recent troubles. I am just too upset to say any more. except that my thoughts are with his family.

Regards from Gareth.

I really sorry to hear that Gerry gone, when I first met him down at Wraybury in one of Bugie Pike Teach in and he did come to one of my fish in at Lodge Pool. Yes he was a well respected and had a lot of friends on Anglers Net and I will miss him in my heart.

Gerry rest in peace mate and my thoughts are with his family and friends

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Gerry was a lovely bloke,a real diamond,he was the first person to take me out lureing from a boat,he even came halfway across london to pick me up and show me his beloved thames,i had 2 trips with gerry that i shall remeber for a long time to come.

RIP Gerry.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I am so sorry to hear that.

I first came across Gerry when we were helping out Will - the lad who had his tackle stolen, and to whom so many of you donated an item or two to help him get fishing again.

Gerry (a true gent, as others have already observed)gave freely of his time, and his own gear, to co-ordinate the collection and delivery of a pile of items for Will. I have fished a few times with Will since, and know how much he appreciated Gerry's help.

I only had the privilege of fishing with Gerry the once - at last year's Lower Itchen AN fish-in. An exchange of badinage with Gerry convinced me this was a guy I would like to fish with again, but it was not to be.

We will all remember him at the coming Itchen event, I'm sure.

A very sad loss.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Came home to an e-mail from Trevor and Josie, can't believe it.

Russ sums Gerry up, he'd go out of his way for anyone but the last thing he'd want to do is burden you with his problems or make you worry about him.

I doubt his closest friends knew how ill he was - whenever I spoke to him he was on the mend and looking forward to getting out fishing with his mates again.

I'm stunned he's gone.