Gerry Castles

Vidar6

I cannot believe this. I am so sad.

I sat and wrote a Christmas card to Gerry this afternoon and in it said that I'd like to see him on the riverbank soon. It's sat at work in my out tray, ready for the postman. I genuinely believed that I'd see Gerry again.

Why is it always the nice guys who die so young? His family and friends have lost a genuinely respected, kind man who will be missed dearly by all of us on this forum.

God rest, Gerry. I'm so sorry you're gone from this world, but look forward to casting a line with you when I join you in the next.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad news indeed I didn't know Gerry as well as the rest of you but we were always in touch and kept up with each other by e mail and he took me last year to one of his special 'perch' spots on his boat and watched me catch all his 'personal' fish.

As you all say a clever, generous and knowledgeable bloke.

Edited by Martin Godliman

Martin.

I've just had a text from Chris Goddard and he has asked me to pass on his condolences. Like many of us, he thought Gerry was over the worst of it. :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I never met Gerry, but felt he was a great lad, I really looked forward to his very informative posts....

He will be sorely missed. :(

My condolences to his family !!

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

It was only 2 days ago that I sent Gerry an E-mail, asking where and how he was. This evening’s revelation was not the news I wished to hear. Angling has a lost a proper gentleman, an expert, a man with time for anyone who asked of his time and vast knowledge.

If it wasn't for Gerry, I wouldn't be half the lure fanatic I am now. He taught me things that turned me from lure hopeful into a half-decent lure angler. I don't think he ever kept a secret from me. Now I feel somewhat lost and I’m sure many others do too.

I never met the man but I always hoped I would. He offered me fishing breaks enough times and I always put if off for some daft reason or another. However, we'd swap lures, stories and an obsession for the humble Perch that most anglers will never understand. I don't know now. I am gutted firstly for his family, his closest friends and somewhat selfishly for myself.

I wish I could thank the man in person but sadly, that’ll never come to be, unless there’s a fishing pool somewhere, where all the anglers go, once they’ve caught their last fish.

I think we should raise a glass for Gerry Castles. He’ll be missed by many.

RIP Gerry, wherever you are.... :thumbs:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...